Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Keep RuRa alive for another year.

Google Adsense is no longer viable to pay our web hosting bill. For about a year the earning of the advertising has been cut by more than half while the traffic and page views has barely changed. This being said our next web hosing bill is due August 9th. We will need nearly $500 to keep the site alive for another year. We are running close to needing to upgrade our space again, at that time we will be looking at an additional $10 a month for additional space. I don't expect we will need this for another 6 months or so.

I welcome anyone that wishes to keep the forum alive in it's current form to donate to the forum. My Paypal is webmaster@rubbins-racin.com .

I'm going to be quite busy over the next week, but I'll keep a tally of those that have donated to keep the site below. If you wish to remain anonymous let me know.

Thanks in advance. Should it be determined to shutdown the site due to lack of funds all money will be returned.

$100 ~ nascarartist20
$100 ~ Slumerican
$50 ~ Tyler97
$25 ~ burtonbraves
$25 ~ Stevie Richards
$20 ~ IFRT-c_crisp26
$20 ~ Jetsplaya97
$20 ~ binkerbo
See more
See less

2013 Nationwide Series - #48

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Nationwide Series - #48

Here you go everyone!:
    Go Hendrick Motorsports!
    224 NSCS wins and counting!

Originally posted by USA Today
    Joey Logano will drive the No. 48 car at Watkins Glen next week.

OK, so it's not that No. 48 car. But when Penske Racing president Tim Cindric tweeted this week that Logano would drive a No. 48 car in the Watkins Glen Nationwide Series race, it certainly raised some eyebrows.

The No. 48, of course, is Jimmie Johnson's five-time championship ride in the Sprint Cup Series.

Logano even joked about the number on a Wednesday teleconference and said he'd call crew chief Todd Gordon by a different name that week.

"I said, 'Well, I'm just going to call him 'Chad,' and he can call me 'Jimmie,' '" Logano said. "I think if I don't win in the 48 car, we've got an issue."
    Painter @ Big Evil Racing
    BigEvilRacing.com
    H&H Racing | Follow DJ Shaggy on Twitter | Like me on Facebook | BIG EVIL Racing
    sigpic

Comment

Not bad
      sigpic

Ryan Newman? & Brad Keselowski fan

Comment

At first glance, it almost looks like the same number font that's used on Jimmie's 48.

Comment

Another 48 I want to see out of the race, and I hope he takes all the other cup drivers with him.
          Track Announcer at New Smyrna Speedway

2011 PTRW Champ

YouTube Page:
          https://www.youtube.com/user/rks29

Twitter:
          https://twitter.com/Ryan2929

Check out my short films here!
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvi...fGFblKjSqQzVTQ

Comment

I REALLY question the motivation to use the #48. I know Penske said it was because of a "lack of better numbers available", but just looking at the numbers not being used in this race, there are 39 entries, so if you count 1-99, plus 0, 00, and 01-09, that's 111 numbers, minus 38 others. that equals SEVENTY EIGHT different numbers they could have chosen, why a number that everyone and their brother associates with Jimmie

Comment

Probably because other teams that may or may not be running already have a claim to the numbers 01-47. Numbers get leased by Nascar to the teams at the beginning of the season, regardless of if they run the full schedule or not.

Comment

Anyone else think they're just trying to troll Hendrick and Jimmie Johnson?

Comment

Originally posted by beanboy89 View Post
                  No. It's just a number. I don't think of it as a "troll". But it is obviously doing its job around here, which is getting us to talk about them. In that sense it is a pretty slick marketing idea.

But troll, no. Now if it was Gibbs and a Home Depot car, I would agree with you.
                  Last edited by penskefan; 08-07-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

They're trying to embrace the power of the legendary James "I don't give a flying f" Hylton

The Paul Menard Empire - Website | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Phathead View Post
                      They're trying to embrace the power of the legendary James "I don't give a flying f" Hylton
                      WINNER.
                      Twitter
                      Website

Comment

Originally posted by beanboy89 View Post
                        In a sense, I think they are kinda trying to stick to JJ and them. Kinda like saying "See Jimmie anybody can run the 48 and be known for it, not just you"

Comment

Maybe because 48 is a closest multiple of 12 available?

Comment

Originally posted by Phathead View Post
                            I almost posted something similar last night. :LOL:
                            "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by WG_TRG View Post
                              Maybe because 48 is a closest multiple of 12 available?
                              22 is not a multiple of 12
                              I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

~ "In order for you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion." ~

Comment

Working...
                              X