• Show
Clear All

• 2016 Sprint Cup Series - #44

Click image for larger version

Name:	12301659_10156225010735545_8070491958923825485_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1375312

I was sent a picture of this and figured I would post it anyways since I have no idea if this is true or not, and see if any of you have heard anything on this or what Michael Waltrip's 2016 Daytona 500 Plans are.

big if true
    Fishmonger-rockinrandy for America 2016.

Comment

I would say "Oh god Team Xtreme is back" but NASCAR needs more teams
      Originally posted by JR90
      I personally think NASCAR should have 16 winners per race. Declare a winner after every 40 laps or so. It will be EXCITING!
      Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
      Quiet him! Before Brian France catches wind!
      Shameless plug for my YouTube channel
      Shameless plug for my other YouTube channel

Comment

Mikey posted something on Twitter a while back about attempting the 500, but didn't give any other details. This seems just as likely as anything - especially since MWR's Toyotas are now on the open market.

Comment

Ironic if you consider what happened between the 44 and 15 last year before the 500...
          This signature is dangerous and inconvenient.

Comment

You watch team Xtreme purchases the assets of one of the MWR teams and owner points came along with it. They needed a driver and sponsor for the 500 and Waltrip had it (remember Maxwell House and Mikey previously announced they were teaming up for the 500)

Comment

To be serious, I would think that if this was being officially announced they would use something other than the NASCAR.com render. This is probably just an edit of the 98 render from this year.

Judging by the last update from the Reddit guy a while ago, I don't think Xtreme is coming back.
              Fishmonger-rockinrandy for America 2016.

Comment

If you blow out the contrast and brightness on the image, you can see someone simply blocked out the existing logos in front of the rear tire. Numbers look surprisingly okay though...hard to say...
                I've Got A Cunning Plan - Baldrick, Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler97 View Post
                  To be serious, I would think that if this was being officially announced they would use something other than the NASCAR.com render. This is probably just an edit of the 98 render from this year.

Judging by the last update from the Reddit guy a while ago, I don't think Xtreme is coming back.
                  Cohen will find a way, he always finds a way.
                  "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                    Cohen will find a way, he always finds a way.
                    Just won't find a way to pay his employees.
                    Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsplaya97 View Post
                      Just won't find a way to pay his employees.
                      Or his bills
                      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by RyanGamerGoneGrazy View Post
                        If you blow out the contrast and brightness on the image, you can see someone simply blocked out the existing logos in front of the rear tire. Numbers look surprisingly okay though...hard to say...
                        I can see it just by tilting my laptop monitor back a few inches. One of the worst photo edits I've seen in a while...but then again, I wouldn't put it past Team Xtreme to be that unprofessional about it, so this may actually be legit, who knows.

Comment

I just dont understand John. He just purchased a bunch of hendrick stuff over the years and now, out of now where he has toyotas?

Lets hope this one makes it to daytona and not get stolen from a super 8 and end up in a ditch,
                          Kenny Baum Racing www.kennybaumracing.com

Comment

I don't think anyone has actually confirmed the 44 has a Toyota. Michael says he will run Daytona and Talladega with Maxwell House, but won't disclose which team it's with.

Comment

Mikey and the team may also be using a car from the MWR stable.

Comment

Working...
                              X