2016 Formula 1 - Renault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Formula 1 - Renault

Renault revealing their car today on their website.
    http://renaultsport.com/The-Renault-...ence-live.html

teaser photos from Twitter
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CaNsyxmXEAAu9Kr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1377130

Name:	f1-renault-f1-team-livery-launch-2016-renault-f1-team-livery.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1336940

Comment

Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

I have to say, I really like it. Simple, but sharp. Not entirely sure about the matte spots are on the back of the sidepod and on the engine cover are though.
        Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Another view, better shot of the fire suits
          Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous car. Also, it looks like they picked up Infiniti.
            Twitter
            Website

Comment

Name:	f1-renault-f1-team-rs16-launch-2016-renault-rs16.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1336942

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                Absolutely gorgeous car. Also, it looks like they picked up Infiniti.
                I don't think you can call Infiniti a sponsor here, as they are part of Nissan-Renault.
                Listen to All-Around Motorsports Podcast on iTunes
                allaroundmotorsportspod@gmail.com

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."
                "A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve McQueen [Le Mans] 1971

Comment

There's a lot of talk that that's a temporary scheme. I find it to be underwhelming, I prefer the 2010 scheme.

Comment

Overall it's a nice livery. It looks a bit Lotus-ish, although it was the Lotus team so I guess that works. I would've preferred something more design wise using their classic color palette, yellow, black, and white.

Originally posted by Ryan Spaulding View Post
                    I have to say, I really like it. Simple, but sharp. Not entirely sure about the matte spots are on the back of the sidepod and on the engine cover are though.
                    Look to be generic hexagons.

Comment

Very underwhelming. Is going to read as a generic black car from the stands if that's the final iteration of the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
                        Look to be generic hexagons.
                        Yeah, they do, I just don't know what they're there for. Doesn't quite make sense to me, but that's up to them. Should look interesting under the lights in Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
                        Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Spaulding View Post
                          Yeah, they do, I just don't know what they're there for. Doesn't quite make sense to me, but that's up to them. Should look interesting under the lights in Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
                          Could be an interesting way to do sponsors if you did a matte color match of the hexagon to the sponsor

The Paul Menard Empire - Website | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Now that would be a pretty neat way to do it Phat. Unless one is neon green and an adjacent one is purple.
                            Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Not as much yellow as I was hoping for, but I like that
                              "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Working...
                              X