2014 Formula 1 - Force India VJM07

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Formula 1 - Force India VJM07

Force India is the first team to unveil this year. Notice Claro is now an associate.

I'm loving the black base. Also liking that they're sticking with the same aero and chassis package on these cars but with a much more appropriate-looking nose.

Makes me excited for the next string of launches.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/domain-asse...com/banner.png

Getting an old Minardi-vibe with the black base.
    "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hammond View Post
      I'm loving the black base. Also liking that they're sticking with the same aero and chassis package on these cars but with a much more appropriate-looking nose.

Makes me excited for the next string of launches.
      Not quite.

The first side-on image of the VJM07 that was published on Wednesday did not give a proper idea of the shape of the narrow noses that will become a common feature of F1 2014.
      And although the image suggested that Force India's version could be quite standard, technical director Andrew Green has revealed a bolder version is being worked on.
      "Our nose is a launch spec and later we will have an updated front end of the car, which potentially is quite different,"
      said Green.
      http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112222

I like the new livery though. If they continue to use that fantastic orange they've used in the past, that has the potential to look amazing with the black. Definitely has the potential to be one of the best looking cars on the grid.

Comment

Livery does look great but the way the teams are talking I am not looking forward to seeing the new nose's. Plus some have other ideas too, Force India rumored to have some type of bump in the engine cover to be tested later.

Comment

Photos on Flickr - New Historic Racing images added. Check 'em out and comment yo!

Comment

Put that thing back in your pants!
            sigpic

Comment

Comment

lmao
                This signature is dangerous and inconvenient.

Comment

i'd wonder how often the um.... noses end up broken off in turn 1.
                  Listen to All-Around Motorsports Podcast on iTunes
                  allaroundmotorsportspod@gmail.com

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."
                  "A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve McQueen [Le Mans] 1971

Comment

Originally posted by T18 View Post
                    i'd wonder how often the um.... noses end up broken off in turn 1.
                    Just wait until the mechanics "grab the bull by the horn" to replace the front wing section during pit stop after contact.

But in all seriousness, for all of the hype around the new rules this season, the cars have already spoiled much of it. The FIA needs to allow teams to rollout new front end designs throughout the season whenever they are available to make up for this (while still conforming to regulations, of course).

Comment

More black at China:

Comment

Smirnoff on board this weekend:

Comment

A thousand times yes
                          "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Working...
                          X