2012 Formula 1 - Scuderia Ferrari

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCPainter View Post
    Love the exhaust layout. Other than the bump, she's a beauty. Another wonderful car from Maranello.
    Yup agree

Comment

Originally posted by Josh O'Brien View Post
      The idea it seems would be to lift air over the drivers compartment, rather than have it split the driver and go over the side pods. I only had one semester of fluid dynamics in college, so I can't really speculate to exactly why the bump is better than having it smooth. Maybe I'll try running some rough tests in solidworks this weekend. Otherwise, I'm just going to assume that their engineers know what they are doing, and came up with this design because it was most efficient.
      From what I have read it appears one of the reasons the bump is better is that it allows the floor of the car to ride higher. The only thing that I could surmise that would be good for is allowing more air to be funneled under the car.

What makes the Ferrari nose weird is that all of the other cars have shaped the hump so that it essentially funnels the air up the middle of the nose, whereas Ferrari's is just flat. Actually the whole front of the car as a whole is a little weird.

The Paul Menard Empire - Website | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

It isn't just the floor of the car, but also the 'floor' of the nose cone, which is a very aero-sensitive surface.
        Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Man this looks weird

Click image for larger version

Name:	13389.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1291112

Comment

5! 5! 5! 5! It's a 5!
            "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
              5! 5! 5! 5! It's a 5!
              My thoughts as well lol

Comment

At least now we can tell for sure who's who when watching a race.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/domain-asse...com/banner.png

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hammond View Post
                  At least now we can tell for sure who's who when watching a race.
                  You mean you couldn't tell the difference between the blue helmet running toward the sharp end of the field and the neon yellow helmet running in the middle of the field?

The other tip is the T-cams on top of the roll hoop are color coded across Formula 1 for the lead and second driver in every team - lead driver is red (Vettel 1, Button 3, Alonso 5, Schumacher 7, Räikkönen 9, di Resta 11, Kobayashi 14, Riccardo 16, Maldonado 18, Kovalainen 20, de la Rosa 22, Glock 24), second driver is yellow (Webber 2, Hamilton 4, Massa 6, Rosberg 8, Grosjean 10, Hulkenberg 12, Pérez 15, Vergne 17, Senna 19, Trulli 21, Karthikeyan 23, Pic 25).
                  Last edited by Ryan Spaulding; 02-11-2012, 03:57 PM.
                  Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

2012 Formula 1 - Ferrari

Fernando Alonso at Monza (Italian Grand Prix)
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	120104_ita.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	911.1 KB
ID:	1318638
                    Twitter
                    Website

Comment

Working...
                    X