1995 Formula 1 - McLaren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Formula 1 - McLaren

McLaren MP4/10 - Mika Hakkinen @ Silverstone (June Test session)

McLaren MP4/10 - Mika Hakkinen @ Silverstone

McLaren MP4/10 - Nigel Mansell @ Imola
    Last edited by Paul8; 01-03-2015, 08:08 PM.

Team - Marlboro McLaren Mercedes
    Drivers - (7) Nigel Mansell, Mark Blundell & (8) Mika Hakkinen, Jan Magnussen
    Chassis - McLaren MP4/10
    Engine - Mercedes FO 110 3.0L V10
    Tire - Goodyear

The '95 season started with Nigel Mansell being signed to drive, however he was physically too large to fit in the car. As a result Mansell missed the first two rounds of the season while the team built a new chassis specifically for him. Mark Blundell drove the 7 car in Nigel's place at Brazil and Argentina. Mansell returned at Imola and Catalunya, after 2 disappointing races Mansell decided to retire from the sport. McLaren and Mercedes carried on with Hakkinen and Blundell. The chassis went through a couple of evolutions, the MP4/10B and MP4/10C. Late in the season Jan Magnussen subbed for Hakkinen who was suffering from appendicitis. In the season finale Hakkinen had a devastating crash when he suffered a puncture in Friday qualifying which sent the car backwards over the international curbing, and became airborne crashing into a tire barrier. Prof. Sid Watkins & EMT's had to perform an emergency tracheotomy trackside before airlifting Mika to Royal Adelaide for further treatment. Overall the MP4/10 was not very good, only Hakkinen managed a pair of 2nd place podiums.

Mansell at Catalunya

Mark Blundell

Blundell, censored version

Blundell at Argentina

Magnussen at Aida (Pacific GP)
    ​​​​​​​

Hakkinen at Canada

Hakkinen at Monza
    Last edited by cantdrive55; 10-04-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
      EMT's had to perform an emergency tracheotomy trackside before airlifting Mika to Royal Adelaide for further treatment.
      Prof. Sid Watkins
      "I don't want to become famous because I had a big wreck..." - Michael McDowell.

Comment

I thought Watkins retired after 1994 because of Senna?

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
          I thought Watkins retired after 1994 because of Senna?
          Nope, retired as Medical Officer in 2004.
          "I don't want to become famous because I had a big wreck..." - Michael McDowell.

Comment

Team: Marlboro McLaren Mercedes
            Chassis: McLaren MP4/10
            Drivers: (7) Nigel Mansell, Mark Blundell & (8) Mika Hakkinen, Jan Magnussen

Mansell joined McLaren, but he was physically too large to drive. Missed two races and Blundell filled in for two races. Mansell returned at Imola and Catalunya, after two disappointing runs, Mansell said "F*** this sh*t, I'm done", he retired. Hakkinen drove the 8, Magnussen filled in late in the season. In the season finale, Hakkinen suffered a terrible crash, suffered a puncture, but was able to recover thanks to Prof. Sid Watkins and EMT's. Hakkinen only scored two podiums. A terrible season and a terrible car.

Blundell Click image for larger version

Name:	mclaren_mercedes-benz_mp4-10_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1456077

Mansell Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67996.jpg
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	1456073

Hakkinen Click image for larger version

Name:	1995_McLaren_Mercedes_Benz_MP4_10_formula_one_f_1_race_racing_t_2__f_2048x1536.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1456078
            Last edited by jjlarsonharvickfan48; 10-03-2016, 09:21 PM.
            "In racing, I wanted to be a winner and to be a winner, you have to be willing to roll the dice."- Bobby Rahal

Instagram: @fordfanatic68
            @jjlarsonharvickfan

Comment

Working...
            X