• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Formula 1 - Sauber

Sauber C13 - Heinz-Harald Frentzen @ Catalunya

Sauber C13 - Heinz-Harald Frentzen @ Silverstone

Team - Sauber Mercedes
    Drivers - (29) Karl Wendlinger, Andrea de Cesaris, J.J. Lehto & (30) Heinz-Harald Frentzen
    Chassis - Sauber C13
    Engine - Mercedes-Benz 2175B 3.5L V10
    Tire - Goodyear

The final year of the Sauber Mercedes partnershiip. Wendlinger was lost for the season after a practice accident at Monaco in which he lost control after exiting the tunnel and slammed into a watertank barrier. Karl was found unconscious by F1 doctors and stabilized trackside before being airlifted to Princess Grace. The team withdrew from Monaco as Wendlinger was in a coma for the next several weeks. Andrea de Cesaris was tabbed as Wendlinger's replacement for Canada. After 7 DNF's out of 8 races de Cesaris was replaced by Lehto for the final 2 races, Suzuka and Adelaide. Additionally, Jerez, round 14 would be Andrea de Cesaris' final F1 race.
    Attached Files

Comment

I knew higher cockpit sides came in as a reg for '95, didn't know some teams added them in '94.
      "I don't want to become famous because I had a big wreck..." - Michael McDowell.

Comment

Some teams added them almost immediately. They weren't as substantial as those molded into the monocoque like they started doing in 1995, but some teams did add them very quickly.
        Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Working...
        X