Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AFS Racing has entered the Indy 500 with Sebastian Savverda driving
    http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12...field-saavedra

    Overall attendance numbers for all 3 days at Barber were 83,765. 2nd highest in race history (2010 being the highest at 84,126)
    http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...gure-of-83765/

    Another update on Boston
    http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12...on-gp-ceo-says

    Comment


    • There will be an announcement tomorrow (4/26) regarding KV's third Indy 500 entry. It will be live-streamed at 12:15PM on IndyCar.com.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • So it looks like 35 possibly 36 entries (Grace). Wonder if we will see anymore. Good chance of a good team to not qualify for the 500.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by awehr1991 View Post
          So it looks like 35 possibly 36 entries (Grace). Wonder if we will see anymore. Good chance of a good team to not qualify for the 500.
          Lazier is an iffy IMO, he doesn't have all the updated equipment, it'd probably be a lost cause to attempt since he'd be so behind.
          Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

          West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

          Comment


          • With AFS finding a car that makes 34. There's no way a top team misses the race. If Lazier shows I predict he'll be the one heading home. All of the additional entries have connections or partnerships with season long teams. Lazier is truly on an island. Grace is basically done unless Honda lets them race the 2 seater. I feel bad for Legge, but somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball.


            Sounds like Boston is going to shove the race through city hall. That always makes for a fine mess. But I guess that's the Boston way.

            Comment


            • Only way I see Grace attempting is if they bought out one of the Coyne cars at this point. I think the last team that enters is Shank/Herta if Chaves can get enough funding in time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
                With AFS finding a car that makes 34. There's no way a top team misses the race. If Lazier shows I predict he'll be the one heading home. All of the additional entries have connections or partnerships with season long teams. Lazier is truly on an island. Grace is basically done unless Honda lets them race the 2 seater. I feel bad for Legge, but somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball.


                Sounds like Boston is going to shove the race through city hall. That always makes for a fine mess. But I guess that's the Boston way.
                With KV's announcement tomorrow that will make 35 entries, with a "possibility" of 37. 1 if Grace gets a car and 2 if the Chaves deal comes through. Pretty stacked field this year and anything can happen in Qualifying and it looks like we'll have a bump day that sends more than 1 car home in years.

                Comment


                • There's been talk on trackforum as if two of the 4 Coyne seats aren't yet secure. Those being Pippa Mann's and whoever would be the 3rd (Luca Fllippi?)
                  http://www.tuckgraphics.com/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by awehr1991 View Post
                    With KV's announcement tomorrow that will make 35 entries, with a "possibility" of 37. 1 if Grace gets a car and 2 if the Chaves deal comes through. Pretty stacked field this year and anything can happen in Qualifying and it looks like we'll have a bump day that sends more than 1 car home in years.
                    So in-between this and your last post you found 2 more cars? Grace isn't running. They screwed up and missed out. Filippi and Mann may, or may not be secure. But that doesn't magically create two additional cars. Chaves almost needs a savior at this point. At best all he can do is replace someone at Coyne. We're approaching 33 days until raceday, and practice starts in 3 weeks. As of right now the breakdown is this:

                    Chevrolet - 17

                    Penske (4) Montoya, Helio, Power, Pagenaud
                    Ganassi (4) Chilton, Kanaan, Dixon, Kimball
                    KVSH (3) Bourdais, Brabham, S. Wilson
                    ECR (3) Carpenter, Newgarden, Hildebrand
                    D&R CGR (1) Karam
                    AFS CGR (1) Saavedra
                    Lazier (1) Lazier

                    Honda - 17

                    Andretti (4) Andretti, RHR, Munoz, Bell
                    BHA Andretti (1) Rossi
                    DCR (4) Daly, Filippi?, Mann?, Clauson
                    RLL (2) Rahal, Pigot
                    Foyt (3) Sato, Tagliani, Hawksworth
                    SPM (3) Hinch, Aleshin, Servia

                    The 3rd KVSH seat that will officially be announced tomorrow is for Stefan Wilson. I have serious doubts regarding Lazier, but for now I'll include him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
                      So in-between this and your last post you found 2 more cars? Grace isn't running. They screwed up and missed out. Filippi and Mann may, or may not be secure. But that doesn't magically create two additional cars. Chaves almost needs a savior at this point. At best all he can do is replace someone at Coyne. We're approaching 33 days until raceday, and practice starts in 3 weeks. As of right now the breakdown is this:

                      Chevrolet - 17

                      Penske (4) Montoya, Helio, Power, Pagenaud
                      Ganassi (4) Chilton, Kanaan, Dixon, Kimball
                      KVSH (3) Bourdais, Brabham, S. Wilson
                      ECR (3) Carpenter, Newgarden, Hildebrand
                      D&R CGR (1) Karam
                      AFS CGR (1) Saavedra
                      Lazier (1) Lazier

                      Honda - 17

                      Andretti (4) Andretti, RHR, Munoz, Bell
                      BHA Andretti (1) Rossi
                      DCR (4) Daly, Filippi?, Mann?, Clauson
                      RLL (2) Rahal, Pigot
                      Foyt (3) Sato, Tagliani, Hawksworth
                      SPM (3) Hinch, Aleshin, Servia

                      The 3rd KVSH seat that will officially be announced tomorrow is for Stefan Wilson. I have serious doubts regarding Lazier, but for now I'll include him.
                      Lazier owes money to Chevy for last year's engine. If he shows up he is in deep s***

                      Chaves almost went to SPM but Pelfrey and Sam disagreed on the paint scheme so Pelfrey asked KV with Wilson and it worked (Chaves is tied to Honda).

                      Comment


                      • What exactly does Grace consist of?
                        @cpk_diecast

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ChesapeakeDiecast View Post
                          What exactly does Grace consist of?
                          An owner and driver.
                          Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

                          West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
                            So in-between this and your last post you found 2 more cars? Grace isn't running. They screwed up and missed out. Filippi and Mann may, or may not be secure. But that doesn't magically create two additional cars. Chaves almost needs a savior at this point. At best all he can do is replace someone at Coyne. We're approaching 33 days until raceday, and practice starts in 3 weeks. As of right now the breakdown is this:

                            Chevrolet - 17

                            Penske (4) Montoya, Helio, Power, Pagenaud
                            Ganassi (4) Chilton, Kanaan, Dixon, Kimball
                            KVSH (3) Bourdais, Brabham, S. Wilson
                            ECR (3) Carpenter, Newgarden, Hildebrand
                            D&R CGR (1) Karam
                            AFS CGR (1) Saavedra
                            Lazier (1) Lazier

                            Honda - 17

                            Andretti (4) Andretti, RHR, Munoz, Bell
                            BHA Andretti (1) Rossi
                            DCR (4) Daly, Filippi?, Mann?, Clauson
                            RLL (2) Rahal, Pigot
                            Foyt (3) Sato, Tagliani, Hawksworth
                            SPM (3) Hinch, Aleshin, Servia

                            The 3rd KVSH seat that will officially be announced tomorrow is for Stefan Wilson. I have serious doubts regarding Lazier, but for now I'll include him.
                            I counted Servia twice my bad. So 34 confirmed and still a possible 1 or 2 more added

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by awehr1991 View Post
                              I counted Servia twice my bad. So 34 confirmed and still a possible 1 or 2 more added
                              I seriously don't see anything beyond 34, and there's only 33 confirmed. Everyone is throwing Lazier a bone simply because they know he has a 2015 spec car, but as pclark06 explained Lazier still owes Chevy from last year. There's just not enough cars available. And just like every year for the past decade they've struggled to get 33. Lazier would be 34, but I just don't see how he shows without the Bank of IMS intervening. Please know I'm not picking on you when I say this, but every year people start getting delusions of grandeur when coming up with all of these scenarios of 34+ entries. A golden rule to remember is money talks. As much as I'd love to see guys like A.J. roll out an extra car for kicks and giggles those days are sadly gone. Back in the 80's and 90's the entry lists for the 500 fluctuated between 70-90 entries. Keep in mind that included primary and T-cars. Currently that number is probably around 50. Backup cars have become too valuable to risk renting out to someone who may, or may not have even been in a car for a year or more. If and when the series starts to regain fiscal strength will we see new teams show up with drivers like Gabby Chaves, Katherine Legge, James Davison, and so forth.

                              Comment


                              • KV Racing Technology announced today from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum that it has entered Stefan Wilson as driver of the No. 25 Driven2SaveLives – KVRT Chevrolet for the historic race.

                                http://www.indycar.com/News/2016/04/...0-announcement
                                Originally posted by Dave66
                                The Spirit of Norm benning Lives on!
                                Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
                                Nice Wayne Peterson throwback
                                http://www.nascarnumbersite.org/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X