NASCAR 2020/1 Wishes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm not sure what I can add to this discussion except that I agree with them bringing back a 43-car field. Why did they eliminate three cars from the field, anyway? Plus, I hate that they've decreased the HP of the engines for the 2019 season. Speed is what racing is all about. Why take that out of the drivers' hands and slow the cars down? And I absolutely agree with the comment, "No mid-week races!" NASCAR has always been a "Sunday after church" tradition here in the South.....and I don't wanna see that change).

(l've been away from NASCAR for nearly 17 years except for playing the racing games on Xbox/360 & XBox One so.....please excuse any possible ignorance as far as NASCAR goes. I'm here to learn as much about the sport as I can since I've not watched a race since Earnhardt, Sr. died).
    The idea of eliminating speed, as I understand it, is a multipurpose answer to problems they deem a detriment.
    You can't have a race now, in either of the top two series, without the drivers complaining about aero effects on the car behind. Reducing speed, in theory, gets you under that threshold of areo dependence. It's also a stepping stone to further manufacturer support going forward with lesser horsepower cars. The manufactures want a more viable product to invest their money into which they can transfer to other racing fields and the showroom floor.

Comment

Knee-jerk reaction to fans who complain that every race isn't Talladega or the Chicago finish or the last 20 laps of the fall Martinsville race. They're slowly turning themselves to the WWE of racing.
      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

You know, there's a way to make more races like Martinsville, but that would involve...
        @cpk_diecast

Comment

A 36 race schedule ending in October is better than what they have now. Though I don't know how you fit in with the schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by AuzGrams View Post
            A 36 race schedule ending in October is better than what they have now. Though I don't know how you fit in with the schedules.
            Midweek shows is the only way. That would probably have to be accompanied by the shortened weekends they have been trialing (load in Friday night, practice and qualify Saturday, inspect and race Sunday); do that on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Only problem would be that teams would more than likely end up with second sets of haulers doing advance trucking. Teams without funds would probably have to have the second race primary as the backup for the first race.
            Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

I'm guess that the idea would be to have the races within quick driving distance of Charlotte, or lumped together out west.
              @cpk_diecast

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of bonus points for leading a lap, and leading the most laps. Maybe 1 point for leading a lap and 2 for leading the most?

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                  Knee-jerk reaction to fans who complain that every race isn't Talladega or the Chicago finish or the last 20 laps of the fall Martinsville race. They're slowly turning themselves to the WWE of racing.
                  I'm putting money on the same fans that clamored for this package complaining by the middle of next season when it doesn't change a thing for the better. But hey, they got what they wanted.
                  Sorry, this post does not include a safe space.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trout View Post
                    I'm not sure what I can add to this discussion except that I agree with them bringing back a 43-car field. Why did they eliminate three cars from the field, anyway? Plus, I hate that they've decreased the HP of the engines for the 2019 season. Speed is what racing is all about. Why take that out of the drivers' hands and slow the cars down? And I absolutely agree with the comment, "No mid-week races!" NASCAR has always been a "Sunday after church" tradition here in the South.....and I don't wanna see that change).

(l've been away from NASCAR for nearly 17 years except for playing the racing games on Xbox/360 & XBox One so.....please excuse any possible ignorance as far as NASCAR goes. I'm here to learn as much about the sport as I can since I've not watched a race since Earnhardt, Sr. died).
                    Honestly because 43 competitive cars weren't showing up each week. NASCAR wanted to avoid looking bad by having short fields and tried to get ahead of the shrinking field. The HP reduction is gonna suck (Went to the All-Star Race and it felt really fake to me). I agree with high horsepower cars that handle like crap and eat tires for breakfast. That IMO was the key to why racing was so good in the mid-late nineties. A mid-week race every once in a while would be okay, but I see if mostly as a Bristol or Martinsville sort of thing. As far as the Southern After Church crowd, it became clear long ago that NASCAR didn't care for that demographic because it wasn't homogeneous enough to keep it's growth up. The reason NASCAR caught on in the first place was because people were tired of stick and ball sports and wanted something new. As soon as they didn't get bumping and rubbing every single weekend, they started leaving in search of something that promised non-stop action. Just look at the NFL today, where a defensive struggle is considered a boring game for most (Not myself, for the record) and all they wanna see is 70 yard touchdown after 70 yard touchdown or homerun after homerun. I was always a fan of the long runs where a driver could either choose to get out to a big lead and try to hold on or save their tires and come like a bat outta hell at the end of the race. The sport is still good, but you have to dig sometimes to find the good stories.
                    Kyle Larson races in NASCAR, not in F1.

Comment

Originally posted by DriveCode4828384 View Post

Honestly because 43 competitive cars weren't showing up each week. NASCAR wanted to avoid looking bad by having short fields and tried to get ahead of the shrinking field. The HP reduction is gonna suck (Went to the All-Star Race and it felt really fake to me). I agree with high horsepower cars that handle like crap and eat tires for breakfast. That IMO was the key to why racing was so good in the mid-late nineties. A mid-week race every once in a while would be okay, but I see if mostly as a Bristol or Martinsville sort of thing. As far as the Southern After Church crowd, it became clear long ago that NASCAR didn't care for that demographic because it wasn't homogeneous enough to keep it's growth up. The reason NASCAR caught on in the first place was because people were tired of stick and ball sports and wanted something new. As soon as they didn't get bumping and rubbing every single weekend, they started leaving in search of something that promised non-stop action. Just look at the NFL today, where a defensive struggle is considered a boring game for most (Not myself, for the record) and all they wanna see is 70 yard touchdown after 70 yard touchdown or homerun after homerun. I was always a fan of the long runs where a driver could either choose to get out to a big lead and try to hold on or save their tires and come like a bat outta hell at the end of the race. The sport is still good, but you have to dig sometimes to find the good stories.
                      I agree the sport is still good. I watched almost every race this year start to finish and I was pleased after almost every race. I belive one of the biggest things that is hurting Nascar right now is the "fans" complaining non stop about every little thing. If people would just enjoy what we have instead of "trying" to fix something that doesn't matter. Hopefully next years rules package is a fail and in 2020 we get an awesome schedule and we get horsepower back.
                      Follow Wayne Peterson Racing on Twitter @Arcafan06.

Comment

Originally posted by DriveCode4828384 View Post

The funny thing was when they went to the Charter system, they killed off race teams and we still ended up with short fields lol. The field is a whole lot worse now than it was in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawson06 View Post

I agree the sport is still good. I watched almost every race this year start to finish and I was pleased after almost every race. I belive one of the biggest things that is hurting Nascar right now is the "fans" complaining non stop about every little thing. If people would just enjoy what we have instead of "trying" to fix something that doesn't matter. Hopefully next years rules package is a fail and in 2020 we get an awesome schedule and we get horsepower back.
                          This is NASCAR what we're talking about. They'll consider it a resounding success if the leader pulls away to a 4 second lead instead of a 6 second lead every race.
                          Sorry, this post does not include a safe space.

Comment

Expect Cup at Eldora as early as 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                              Expect Cup at Eldora as early as 2020
                              Gnarly. This would be the only race I would be OK with a mid week race
                              Follow Wayne Peterson Racing on Twitter @Arcafan06.

Comment

Cool and a shame at the same time. Will the magic be lost?

Points longer matter with WIN & IN... so will a dirt Cup race become the old RCs... bring in experts. What would a dirt expert be called? Slinger? Like Ringer.
                                "I don't want to become famous because I had a big wreck..." - Michael McDowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X