X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetsplaya97
    started a topic 2018 MENCS Ford EcoBoost 400 @ Homestead

2018 MENCS Ford EcoBoost 400 @ Homestead

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ford-EcoBoost-400-Race-Center-625x340.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	1541245

Event Schedule
    Friday (11/16)
    Practice #1 -- 1:00-2:20 PM (NBCSN)
    Qualifying -- 6:10 PM (NBCSN)

Saturday (11/17)
    Practice #2 -- 11:35-12:25 PM (NBCSN)
    Practice #3 -- 2:00-2:50 PM (NBCSN)

Sunday (11/18)
    Race -- 3:00 PM (NBC)

Entry List (39 Cars)
    00 Landon Cassill (i) -- StarCom Racing
    1 Jamie McMurray -- Chip Ganassi Racing
    2 Brad Keselowski -- Team Penske
    3 Austin Dillon -- Richard Childress Racing
    4 Kevin Harvick -- Stewart-Haas Racing
    6 Matt Kenseth -- Roush Fenway Racing
    9 Chase Elliott -- Hendrick Motorsports
    10 Aric Almirola -- Stewart-Haas Racing
    11 Denny Hamlin -- Joe Gibbs Racing
    12 Ryan Blaney -- Team Penske
    13 Ty Dillon -- Germain Racing
    14 Clint Bowyer -- Stewart-Haas Racing
    15 Ross Chastain (i) -- Premium Motorsports
    17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. -- Roush Fenway Racing
    18 Kyle Busch -- Joe Gibbs Racing
    19 Daniel Suarez -- Joe Gibbs Racing
    20 Erik Jones -- Joe Gibbs Racing
    21 Paul Menard -- Wood Brothers Racing
    22 Joey Logano -- Team Penske
    23 J. J. Yeley (i) -- BK Racing
    24 William Byron (R) -- Hendrick Motorsports
    31 Ryan Newman -- Richard Childress Racing
    32 Matt DiBenedetto -- Go FAS Racing
    34 Michael McDowell -- Front Row Motorsports
    37 Chris Buescher -- JTG Daugherty Racing
    38 David Ragan -- Front Row Motorsports
    41 Kurt Busch -- Stewart-Haas Racing
    42 Kyle Larson -- Chip Ganassi Racing
    43 Bubba Wallace (R) -- Richard Petty Motorsports
    47 A. J. Allmendinger -- JTG Daugherty Racing
    48 Jimmie Johnson -- Hendrick Motorsports
    51 B. J. McLeod (i) -- Rick Ware Racing
    66 Timmy Hill (i) -- MBM Motorsports
    72 Corey LaJoie -- TriStar Motorsports
    78 Martin Truex Jr. -- Furniture Row Racing
    88 Alex Bowman -- Hendrick Motorsports
    95 Regan Smith -- Leavine Family Racing
    97 Tanner Berryhill -- Obaika Racing
    99 Kyle Weatherman -- StarCom Racing

(R) - Rookie Contender
    (i) - Ineligible for Cup Points
    Italic - Non-Chartered Team
    Green - Championship Contender

Championship Four
    22 Joey Logano
    18 Kyle Busch
    78 Martin Truex Jr.
    4 Kevin Harvick
    Last edited by Jetsplaya97; 11-14-2018, 10:30 PM. Reason: Berryhill in the 97

• Sean Casto
    replied
    Originally posted by Kahne4RedBull View Post
    they did everything at the track that usually gets done at the R&D center. They did engine teardown as well at the track. Logano is the 2018 Champion whether you like it or not
    LOL
    I like to wollow in the chaos. I have no stake in it, either way.

Leave a comment:

• Kahne4RedBull
    replied
    they did everything at the track that usually gets done at the R&D center. They did engine teardown as well at the track. Logano is the 2018 Champion whether you like it or not

Leave a comment:

• Lucstar88
    replied
    From what I read it's checking all 4 cars to make sure, and after that a full teardown of the champ's car/engine. I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Spaulding
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Casto View Post
    LOL
    how convenient.
    They did it last couple years too. They have come out and said they are going to do very in-depth inspections on the championship cars so that they aren't changing champions on Tuesday after the race. That would be worse optics than saying someone failed Sunday night at midnight.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Casto
    replied
    Originally posted by atruebudfan View Post

They didn't take any of the cars back to Charlotte. They "checked" the cars after the race and said everyone was good.
    LOL
    how convenient.

Leave a comment:

• atruebudfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Casto View Post

Assuming his car passes tech back @ Charlotte but even then, NASCAR would sweep it under, most likely
    They didn't take any of the cars back to Charlotte. They "checked" the cars after the race and said everyone was good.

Leave a comment:

• Lucstar88
    replied
    We can talk all we want about formats and stuff, but it's just wasted time and typing for something that's never going to change. I grew up on the original chase format. There's some cons and pros to every format.

I've come used to it and I'm still gonna watch, I love racing and I've got nothing to do on the weekend lol.

There's a lot of reasons that NASCAR's struggling now, but to put it all on the playoffs is not true. 2006 was the best rated year for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Casto
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Spaulding View Post
    Either way, no one can ever take away the fact that Joey Logano is the 2018 champion.
    Assuming his car passes tech back @ Charlotte but even then, NASCAR would sweep it under, most likely

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Spaulding
    replied
    I'm happy today.

Was Joey the most dominant car all year? No, of course not. Was he the most dominant car in the playoffs? Arguably, as he did earn the most points once the playoffs started. This is the system that NASCAR has implemented, and the system that everyone races under, and the system that has delivered the titles that the Big 3 were hoping to add to last night.

Either way, no one can ever take away the fact that Joey Logano is the 2018 champion.

Leave a comment:

• atruebudfan
    replied
    This is the type of playoffs I've wanted for awhile. Keep the rules of the regular season the same. 3 races - top 10 advance, 3 races - top 5 advance, then have 4 races to finish the season and each track needs to be a different type. So ideally short track, road course, intermediate and I'm fine with Homestead to finish.

Leave a comment:

• Mossler
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawson06 View Post
    It is actually possible for someone to win the first 35 races of the year and then something out of their control happen (flat tire, blown engine etc) and lose the championship because of it.
    In theory that could have happened in the original Latford points system as well, before they awarded the extra 5 points to the winner like 10-12 years ago.

Driver A could have won every race while Driver B finished 2nd every race but led the most laps in every race as well. That would have given both drivers 180 points each week. If Driver A finished behind Driver B in the final race (pending laps led, of course) they would have lost the title despite winning the first 35 races.

Likely? No. But itís just about as likely as the scenario youíre bringing up, which is to say itíll only happen in theory.

Leave a comment:

• AuzGrams
    replied
    I'm just not a fan of a final four format in the final race more than anything.
    Last edited by AuzGrams; 11-19-2018, 03:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atruebudfan
    replied
    One yellow flag away from going back-to-back

Alas bring on 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Dawson06
    replied
    I'm not a fan of this championship format, I don't mind the idea of a "playoff" but I wish instead of one race winner take all, you give the final four three or four races to settle it out.

It is actually possible for someone to win the first 35 races of the year and then something out of their control happen (flat tire, blown engine etc) and lose the championship because of it.

Definitely was not a fan of when Kyle only ran half the races and won the championship, and definitely not saying Logano didn't deserve this one but he hasn't had a championship year like Truex, Harvick, and Kyle have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X