2018 MENCS Ford EcoBoost 400 @ Homestead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post

I really don't care who had more wins. This format is the exact same one your boy won with in 2015. So for you to say it sucks and doesn't reward the "true champion" is actually discrediting your favorite drivers' only Cup title, of which he should've never been a part of. The 18 was the slowest of the four contenders tonight, and only got in position due to a timely caution from staying out. The lead trio of Logano, Harvick, and Truex were running him down from nearly being lapped after pit stops. The 18 just didn't have it when it mattered; regroup and come back next year. And yes I can tell you Joey had the better season; why? Because Joey Logano is the 2018 NASCAR Cup Champion.
    i know im saying they should go back old format,

Comment

Originally posted by RBusch51 View Post

i know im saying they should go back old format,
      I agree that they should go back to the old format as well, but at least Joey was consistent and strong all year. Tyler Reddick winning the Xfinity championship is the real farce of the weekend.

Comment

I'm not a fan of this championship format, I don't mind the idea of a "playoff" but I wish instead of one race winner take all, you give the final four three or four races to settle it out.

It is actually possible for someone to win the first 35 races of the year and then something out of their control happen (flat tire, blown engine etc) and lose the championship because of it.

Definitely was not a fan of when Kyle only ran half the races and won the championship, and definitely not saying Logano didn't deserve this one but he hasn't had a championship year like Truex, Harvick, and Kyle have.
        Follow Wayne Peterson Racing on Twitter @Arcafan06.

Comment

One yellow flag away from going back-to-back

Alas bring on 2019.

Comment

I'm just not a fan of a final four format in the final race more than anything.
            Last edited by AuzGrams; 11-19-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawson06 View Post
              It is actually possible for someone to win the first 35 races of the year and then something out of their control happen (flat tire, blown engine etc) and lose the championship because of it.
              In theory that could have happened in the original Latford points system as well, before they awarded the extra 5 points to the winner like 10-12 years ago.

Driver A could have won every race while Driver B finished 2nd every race but led the most laps in every race as well. That would have given both drivers 180 points each week. If Driver A finished behind Driver B in the final race (pending laps led, of course) they would have lost the title despite winning the first 35 races.

Likely? No. But itís just about as likely as the scenario youíre bringing up, which is to say itíll only happen in theory.

Comment

This is the type of playoffs I've wanted for awhile. Keep the rules of the regular season the same. 3 races - top 10 advance, 3 races - top 5 advance, then have 4 races to finish the season and each track needs to be a different type. So ideally short track, road course, intermediate and I'm fine with Homestead to finish.

Comment

I'm happy today.

Was Joey the most dominant car all year? No, of course not. Was he the most dominant car in the playoffs? Arguably, as he did earn the most points once the playoffs started. This is the system that NASCAR has implemented, and the system that everyone races under, and the system that has delivered the titles that the Big 3 were hoping to add to last night.

Either way, no one can ever take away the fact that Joey Logano is the 2018 champion.
                  Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Spaulding View Post
                    Either way, no one can ever take away the fact that Joey Logano is the 2018 champion.
                    Assuming his car passes tech back @ Charlotte but even then, NASCAR would sweep it under, most likely

Comment

We can talk all we want about formats and stuff, but it's just wasted time and typing for something that's never going to change. I grew up on the original chase format. There's some cons and pros to every format.

I've come used to it and I'm still gonna watch, I love racing and I've got nothing to do on the weekend lol.

There's a lot of reasons that NASCAR's struggling now, but to put it all on the playoffs is not true. 2006 was the best rated year for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Casto View Post

Assuming his car passes tech back @ Charlotte but even then, NASCAR would sweep it under, most likely
                        They didn't take any of the cars back to Charlotte. They "checked" the cars after the race and said everyone was good.

Comment

Originally posted by atruebudfan View Post

They didn't take any of the cars back to Charlotte. They "checked" the cars after the race and said everyone was good.
                          LOL
                          how convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Casto View Post
                            LOL
                            how convenient.
                            They did it last couple years too. They have come out and said they are going to do very in-depth inspections on the championship cars so that they aren't changing champions on Tuesday after the race. That would be worse optics than saying someone failed Sunday night at midnight.
                            Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

From what I read it's checking all 4 cars to make sure, and after that a full teardown of the champ's car/engine. I could be wrong.

Comment

they did everything at the track that usually gets done at the R&D center. They did engine teardown as well at the track. Logano is the 2018 Champion whether you like it or not
                                "Astat"
                                If the powers-that-be at NASCAR have any common sense left in them, Erik Jones will be driving the 20 for the next 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X