No announcement yet.

2018 MENCS Ford EcoBoost 400 @ Homestead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Rick Allen would stop giving Mark Martin credit for the "Sliced Bread" nickname. From what I remember, it was Randy Lajoie that gave him the nickname. You'd think Dale Jr would correct him.

Comment

The broadcast guys all acted surprised that all of the final 4 were restarting 1-4 on the last restart...I swear it conveniently happens every damn year...

I'm glad it wasn't the 4 or 18
      Last edited by gr8eske1; 11-18-2018, 07:15 PM.
      I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

~ "In order for you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion." ~

Comment

Congratulations to Joey Logano, and the 22 team; drove his tail off the last 15 laps.

The NBCSN Hot Pass broadcast was far better than the regular one. Diffey and DJ kept an even temperament throughout and were easy listening. Burton and LeTarte were on the chip from the start; made it difficult to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8eske1 View Post
          The broadcast guys all acted surprised that all of the final 4 were restarting 1-4 on the last restart...I swear it conveniently happens every damn year...

I'm glad it wasn't the 4 or 18
          I think it's the first time they've finished 1-2-3-4. If I read that correctly

Comment

Ford is the 2018 manufacturers champion, winning 19 of 36 races. Pretty bad when one manufacturer wins over half of the races run in the season.
            RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
            RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
            Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
            War, war never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucstar88 View Post

I think it's the first time they've finished 1-2-3-4. If I read that correctly
              But they're always running all clustered together for the majority of the race.

They showed a bunch of the restarts over the years and in nearly all of them the final 4 were all next to the others
              I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

~ "In order for you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion." ~

Comment

Any mention of Keselowski having his arms get itchy there?

Comment

look you had the two best drivers who didnt even win, it should been Kyle or kevin. I guess its not about the wins, how you get to homestead.

Kyle and kevin both had 8 wins and joey with 2 before homestead.

Even same with tyer reddick, he only won 2 races while you had bell with 7 wins.

Alot of NASCAR fans are pissed about joey winning. The ratings will go down because this new format.
                  Last edited by RBusch51; 11-18-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Casto View Post
                    Any mention of Keselowski having his arms get itchy there?
                    Any mention of the #38 getting into the #2, which forced him up into the #19?

Comment

Originally posted by RBusch51 View Post
                      The new format sucks, two of best cars all season, lose the championship to guy who won 3 races.
                      Not mad that joey won, just unfair for kevin and kyle who had great season. seems like wins dont matter anymore and just how you get to homestead matters. lots nascar fans are pissed about joey winning.
                      At least Logano made 36 starts..................

btw, nice edit.

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post

At least Logano made 36 starts..................

btw, nice edit.
                        The old format was better, it showed the true championship. You had two better drivers all season from start to finnish, not performing for part of season and win.

kevin and kyle where good from start of the season till the end. joey did nothing all season and wreck truex, to get to homestead.
                        Last edited by RBusch51; 11-18-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

The old format was better, it showed the true championship. You had two better drivers all season from start to finnish, not performing for part of season and win.
                          Nothing says true Champion like getting a waiver for the playoffs..................

look kyle had wins when he won the championship
                          'Cause Joey didn't win a race all year......................

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post

Nothing says true Champion like getting a waiver for the playoffs..................

'Cause Joey didn't win a race all year......................
                            not at level kevin and kyle did, you cant tell me joey had better season then kevin and kyle

Comment

not at level kevin and kyle did, you cant tell me joey had better season then kevin and kyle
                              I really don't care who had more wins. This format is the exact same one your boy won with in 2015. So for you to say it sucks and doesn't reward the "true champion" is actually discrediting your favorite drivers' only Cup title, of which he should've never been a part of. The 18 was the slowest of the four contenders tonight, and only got in position due to a timely caution from staying out. The lead trio of Logano, Harvick, and Truex were running him down from nearly being lapped after pit stops. The 18 just didn't have it when it mattered; regroup and come back next year. And yes I can tell you Joey had the better season; why? Because Joey Logano is the 2018 NASCAR Cup Champion.

Comment

Loose lugnut after the race for the #10 car of Almirola.
                                RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
                                RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
                                Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
                                War, war never changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X