No announcement yet.

2019 NASCAR Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't tell if he had a good car or the package just preventing people for passing the leader. Didn't watch the entire thing but only saw one single pass for the lead under green.

Comment

• Originally posted by atruebudfan View Post
      Can't tell if he had a good car or the package just preventing people for passing the leader. Didn't watch the entire thing but only saw one single pass for the lead under green.
      You had to have help to pass or be the third car in a group to pass. Once two cars got beside each other they'd stall out and one or both would get freight trained
      I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

~ "In order for you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion." ~

Comment

• Originally posted by atruebudfan View Post
        Can't tell if he had a good car or the package just preventing people for passing the leader. Didn't watch the entire thing but only saw one single pass for the lead under green.
        Clean air is king to the point of absurdity with this package. You could've put a 20th-place car in Logano's position and they easily could have won the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toasty55 View Post
          Nope, he's still around RWR now
          So what's the #7 car they had stickered and (presumably) race ready doing? Just sitting around?
          Rami Malek has lips for eyelids

Comment

• Originally posted by Astat View Post

Clean air is king to the point of absurdity with this package. You could've put a 20th-place car in Logano's position and they easily could have won the race.
            While I totally agree clean air is king; I think a 20th place car would struggle with keeping anyone behind them. The #22 was just bad fast, other than the #4, nobody could run with Joey. It would've been interesting to see how things might've gone had Harvick only took 2 tires instead of 4 on that last pit stop. For those 4 tires that the #4 and #42 took to pan out; the field would've had to pit 10-15 laps earlier than they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Astat View Post

Yeah nice try buddy, Logano clearly had the best car and he passed for the lead a few different times, it wasnít only because of clean air
              Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• Nationwide is leaving Hendrick and the 88 team according to Stern.
                https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/113...952780801?s=21

This really sucks as a Bowman fan. Hopefully he'll find a new sponsor and won't lose his ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucstar88 View Post
                  Nationwide is leaving Hendrick and the 88 team according to Stern.
                  https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/113...952780801?s=21

This really sucks as a Bowman fan. Hopefully he'll find a new sponsor and won't lose his ride.
                  Hendrick Motorsports has already said that this will not change the status of Bowmans employment. He is signed through 2020, and is "a big part of Hendrick Motorsport's future" <-- paraphrased

Comment

• rumors starting to pick up a little steam of a charter team leaving after 2019. Fronstretch.com has a little tidbit on it

Comment

• Originally posted by NascarUnderdogs View Post
                      rumors starting to pick up a little steam of a charter team leaving after 2019. Fronstretch.com has a little tidbit on it
                      Penske announced they will focus on their Indycar program next year, this means a lot.
                      Matt's N3 cars and trucks : http://then3garage.freeforums.org/matt-s-files-f17.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Yeager View Post

Penske announced they will focus on their Indycar program next year, this means a lot.
                        im seeing Roush,ganassi , or petty (even though pettys teams havent been competitve in years

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Yeager View Post

I mean Penske is already the best team in Indycar, them focusing on their program is scary lol.

But yeah, I think it's either Roush or Ganassi. Jack is 77 and I wouldn't be shocked if the Fenway part decided that they want to leave, but it feels they have enough sponsorship to get by. Ganassi as well.

We'll see.

Comment

• For those that have Twitter, Bob Leavine is throwing major shade the past few days at NASCAR and most recently Enemy #1 Rob Kaufman and the charter system.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuietlyFly View Post
                              For those that have Twitter, Bob Leavine is throwing major shade the past few days at NASCAR and most recently Enemy #1 Rob Kaufman and the charter system.
                              He's been an interesting follow, and lately not afraid to voice his opinion. NASCAR issued a "verbal" warning to Leavine not too long ago. Personally I hope Bob continues to speak his mind; it's long overdue for an owner to talk candidly.

Comment

• Dow will be back with Richard Childress Racing in 2020.
                                RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
                                RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
                                Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
                                War, war never changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X