2019 NASCAR Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sconnie View Post
    I don't at all understand how people can watch a program for hours on their phones or tablet.

And when you consider the volume of commercials and almost 20 minutes of prerace ceremonies on the telecast, I also refuse to watch a race live. I make up at least an hour of time FFWDing the recorded race later in the day.

But whatever, if that's what people want to do, then more power to them. At least they're still watching the sport.
    I believe that DVR views end up getting counted in the final ratings of shows and events, just not in the overnight numbers.
    Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

I don't at all understand how people can watch a program for hours on their phones or tablet.

And when you consider the volume of commercials and almost 20 minutes of prerace ceremonies on the telecast, I also refuse to watch a race live. I make up at least an hour of time FFWDing the recorded race later in the day.

But whatever, if that's what people want to do, then more power to them. At least they're still watching the sport.
      Honestly, for a decent amount of fans the only option they have is to watch stuff online. Doesn't help that more and more races are on fancy channels that are only offered on expensive sports package, which most people who actually want to watch the race can not afford...

Comment

• Jeb Burton will drive the #52 car at Martinsville.
        RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
        RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
        Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
        War, war never changes.

Comment

• Garrett Smithley will drive the #77 car at Auto Club Speedway.
          War, war never changes.

Comment

• Cup qualifying from Fontana went over like a fart in church.

Just bring back single car runs. I know everyone will complain "it's boring", "it takes too long", blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. IDC; this knockout format sucks, and if anyone needs qualifying to be the highlight of the weekend there's something seriously wrong with the on track product. I'm good with group qualifying for the roadies, but the constant need for "excitement" by NASCAR is ridiculous.

Comment

• You can make it work I think. F1 ran into the same type issues where cars wouldn’t run the last qualifying group because they wanted to start the race on new tires. If NASCAR would add a rule and said “drivers must make at least one timed lap in each session or they will be automatically start last” it would ensure drivers didn’t get to play as many games.

i still think as stated above just go back to single car at tracks over a mile in length and it would fix things. Or maybe just switch to single car runs for Q3.

Comment

• Since everyone wants to play games just have them draw numbers from a hat and that's where you start.
                I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

~ "In order for you to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion." ~

Comment

• And make them start the race 6-wide, that would provide great excitement.
                  Matt's N3 cars and trucks : http://then3garage.freeforums.org/matt-s-files-f17.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Yeager View Post
                    And make them start the race 6-wide, that would provide great excitement.
                    Can't wait to see them try that at Martinsville!
                    Originally posted by ttucker77
                    The Wayne Peterson Driving Experience. "Here, sit on this bucket as we don't have another proper seat."

In reference to the new rules package...
                    Originally posted by Jetsplaya97
                    Clint Bowyer: “Pretty boring. I’ll take you for a lap here.” (Leaves radio on and lets engine noise play) “In case you’re wondering, it’s still wide open."

Comment

• Just watch qualy. What a friggin joke. Seriously, what is going through these teams/drivers heads by NONE of them making a lap in round 3? They should all be embarrassed.

If NASCAR doesn't implement a rule change after this.....

Comment

Just watch qualy. What a friggin joke. Seriously, what is going through these teams/drivers heads by NONE of them making a lap in round 3? They should all be embarrassed.

If NASCAR doesn't implement a rule change after this.....
                        This should be the rule: Drivers that fail to complete a lap within the alotted time in the last round are relegated to the last position of the PREVIOUS round. Order will be based on the times set in that previous round. So in this case, those who qualified in positions 13 through 24 would be starting 1st through 12th. I know there are probably some flaws in this but it should keep them from sitting on pit road the whole time.

EDIT: I say last round and previous round because I can't remember if every race has 3 rounds or if some have 2. And if some have 2, and this rule were to keep someone who advanced to the last round from making the race, then that's even more of a reason to go out and make a lap in that last round.

Originally posted by CarKing View Post
                        You can make it work I think. F1 ran into the same type issues where cars wouldn't run the last qualifying group because they wanted to start the race on new tires. If NASCAR would add a rule and said "drivers must make at least one timed lap in each session or they will be automatically start last" it would ensure drivers didn’t get to play as many games.
                        i still think as stated above just go back to single car at tracks over a mile in length and it would fix things. Or maybe just switch to single car runs for Q3.
                        ANOTHER EDIT: I didn't realize that you posted a similar idea, sorry.

Last edited by nascarartist20; 03-17-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Custer on standby for Dillon, who's sick.

It's because he was the only Xfinity driver not gone back to NC yet.

Comment

• Kyle Busch won at Auto Club Speedway and gets his 200th career win in the top three national series of NASCAR. Logano finished second, Keselowski finished third.
                            Last edited by donnyh83; 03-18-2019, 08:50 AM.
                            War, war never changes.

Comment

• Congrats to Kyle for 53 Cup wins, only 147 behind The King.

Comment

• No one will ever win 200 races. The King won a lot of races during seasons with 49 to 62 races in them...and a lot of the big boys only ran select races. Before you cry, I'm not taking away from Richard Petty, as he was a Legend, but Kyle Busch deserves respect for what he has done. No one will EVER win 200 Cup races at 36 races (or less) per year. I'm not even a Kyle Busch fan, but you cannot deny credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                                X