Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

RuRa is alive for another year.

Thanks to those below for their donations. Next years hosting bill is paid. RuRa is going to have it's 20th birthday!

Google Adsense is no longer viable to pay our web hosting bill. For about a year the earning of advertising has been cut by more than half while the traffic and page views has barely changed. This being said our next web hosing bill is due August 9th. We will need nearly $500 to keep the site alive for another year. We are running close to needing to upgrade our space again, at that time we will be looking at an additional $10 a month for additional space. I don't expect we will need this for another 6 months or so.

I welcome anyone that wishes to keep the forum alive in it's current form to donate to the forum. My Paypal is webmaster@rubbins-racin.com .

$160 ~ VADER
$100 ~ nascarartist20
$100 ~ Slumerican
$50 ~ Tyler97
$25 ~ burtonbraves
$25 ~ Stevie Richards
$20 ~ IFRT-c_crisp26
$20 ~ Jetsplaya97
$20 ~ binkerbo
See more
See less

2018 Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donnyh83 View Post
    Video boards at the race track have face scanning capabilities.

https://jalopnik.com/the-video-board...ace-1823610364
    Pretty cool honestly, but.... did it assume my gender?!?!?!?

Also not surprised about that, just about anything tech related nowadays could be scanning your face.
    Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

Comment

• The Busch Pole Award is BACK!

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/...sch-pole-award

Comment

• The "option" tire will not be used at the 2018 All-Star Race according to Goodyear.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22752018
        RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
        RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
        Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
        War, war never changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by donnyh83 View Post
          The "option" tire will not be used at the 2018 All-Star Race according to Goodyear.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22752018
          It was an interesting attempt, but didn't make nearly a big enough difference. Perhaps if it were a longer race it may have, but with the format being what it was, it seemed like the fall off was right at the end of the last segment, which did nobody any good.
          Kyle Larson races in NASCAR, not in F1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DodgeMan4345 View Post
            I wonder if they got a heluva deal too, considering it's 5 races into the season
            "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Coming in 2019: The Busch Clash.

I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                I wonder if they got a heluva deal too, considering it's 5 races into the season
                Probably got a hell of a deal for multiple reasons - digital contingency (no decal on the Cup cars) and all the talk is about the Cup Series (even though it was previously reported that a pole sponsor had to sponsor every NASCAR division)
                Mystic Missile Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by QuietlyFly View Post
                  Coming in 2019: The Busch Clash.

I'm happy.
                  Advance Auto Parts is sponsoring it for IDK how long.

Comment

• Lowe's leaving NASCAR in 2019. http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/n...ponsor-in-2019

This is a major hit for HMS and the sport.

Comment

• Wow, that pretty shocking news. Lowe's has been a primary sponsor every year since 1995, and their absence will be noted.

Comment

• As much as I hate Jimmie, it is a blow to the sport. Lowe's is one of the few remaining sponsors to foot the bill for the full season. I remember when they came into the sport with Junior Johnson in 95, and it will be so weird not having them around.

Comment

• I heard during the off season that their bill was up towards the $40 mil mark, stupid money especially in this day and age.

Huge blow but I had been wondering how long they would keep up that kind of spending.
                          "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                            I heard during the off season that their bill was up towards the $40 mil mark, stupid money especially in this day and age.

Huge blow but I had been wondering how long they would keep up that kind of spending.
                            Jesus, i remember reading in 09, it was like 26 million. Not sure if that was for the whole year. I can't remember.

Comment

• Good, couldn't have happened to a worse sport and I think it's funny it's happening to Jimmie. NASCAR done this to themselves so they have no one else to blame. Hopefully this will be the wake up call for them, I doubt it but hopefully.

Comment

• The major sponsors are going to fall like crazy. There is very little ROI in NASCAR anymore...with internet advertising and such. Teams will have to piecemeal their seasons or figure out a way to cut costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X