No announcement yet.

2018 Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the rumor about FRM moving to Toyotas could be true. Any chance Kenseth make themove there?

Comment

• ^Anything is possible, but kinda seems unlikely given Matt's struggles to secure sponsorship since his waning days at Roush.

Originally posted by gr8eske1 View Post

But you still hear rumors of her going to rides which doesn't seem to be the case for Kenseth. She's been linked to a few rides and the only one Matt has been linked to was GMS IF they moved to Cup and Toyota won the bidding war for them
      Just b/c we hear rumors doesn't mean any of them have a valid leg to stand on. Danica already pigeon holed herself by putting out her intentions of wanting to be in a top tier Cup car, otherweise she doesn't want to race. Or at least she had said that not too long ago; it seems like she's backed off that sentiment in this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...018/755986001/

Her accomplishments simply haven't warranted landing a top tier seat, and her biggest bargaining chip; landing high profile sponsors has disappeared as well. Additionally, outside of lower tier teams, or start-ups/add-ons there just aren't that many seats available. Maybe something comes out of this rumored 3rd JTG car, but in all honesty I don't know how JTG pulls this off. Unless she takes a drastic pay cut and/or the team fields low ball offers, or quite frankly maybe both happen.

Matt has a far better chance of landing something b/c he is a past champion that normally contends for wins and championships. However he has not been able to land the sponsors that many teams need to field a car. JGR has run the corporate Toyota scheme 5 times this year on the #20, now 5 races isn't all that bad in the big picture; but still 5 races adds up quick. Another factor not in Matt's column is believe it or not he is 45 years old, and sadly there just aren't enough sponsors around that have faith in a driver over the age of 30, at least that's how it seems. I could see Matt going to Petty or Childress, but I have no idea what either team needs dollar wise, nor do I know what Matt might be able to bring with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
        ^Anything is possible, but kinda seems unlikely given Matt's struggles to secure sponsorship since his waning days at Roush.

Just b/c we hear rumors doesn't mean any of them have a valid leg to stand on. Danica already pigeon holed herself by putting out her intentions of wanting to be in a top tier Cup car, otherweise she doesn't want to race. Or at least she had said that not too long ago; it seems like she's backed off that sentiment in this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...018/755986001/

Her accomplishments simply haven't warranted landing a top tier seat, and her biggest bargaining chip; landing high profile sponsors has disappeared as well. Additionally, outside of lower tier teams, or start-ups/add-ons there just aren't that many seats available. Maybe something comes out of this rumored 3rd JTG car, but in all honesty I don't know how JTG pulls this off. Unless she takes a drastic pay cut and/or the team fields low ball offers, or quite frankly maybe both happen.

Matt has a far better chance of landing something b/c he is a past champion that normally contends for wins and championships. However he has not been able to land the sponsors that many teams need to field a car. JGR has run the corporate Toyota scheme 5 times this year on the #20, now 5 races isn't all that bad in the big picture; but still 5 races adds up quick. Another factor not in Matt's column is believe it or not he is 45 years old, and sadly there just aren't enough sponsors around that have faith in a driver over the age of 30, at least that's how it seems. I could see Matt going to Petty or Childress, but I have no idea what either team needs dollar wise, nor do I know what Matt might be able to bring with him.
        I never considered Matt for the 43, but after you mentioning it, that's probably where he'll end up. Between Richard's fame and Matt being a former champ, they'll be able to throw some sponsors together race by race. Although the results will probably reflect Labonte's time with Petty.

Comment

• Heard something of JTG buying the 77's charter for the Danica entry
          "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
            Heard something of JTG buying the 77's charter for the Danica entry
            Hence why they canít disclose who they sold it too yet
            Originally posted by Dave66
            The Spirit of Norm benning Lives on!
            Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
            Nice Wayne Peterson throwback
            http://www.nascarnumbersite.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
              Heard something of JTG buying the 77's charter for the Danica entry
              Did they outright buy RFR's 16 charter? Or was it just leased for this year?
              This signature is dangerous and inconvenient.

Comment

• Originally posted by elliott21fan View Post

pretty sure they just leased it for this year. But I also thought Buescher would only be at JTG for this season and now he's signed a multi-year deal with them so I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by elliott21fan View Post

If I recall, it's just a lease.

Comment

• It's just a lease. If they would smart they'd just get it back, renumber it and lease out the 6 or 17.

Comment

• As expected, 5 Hour Energy will announce this morning that they will move from the 77 to the 78

Comment

• The #78 car will have Bass Pro Shops for 16 races in 2018 and Five Hour Energy will be on the car for 14 races. Auto-Owners Insurance will sponsor 6 races. Additional sponsorship for the remaining 2 races will be announced at a later date.
                        Last edited by donnyh83; 10-15-2017, 11:15 AM.
                        RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
                        RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
                        Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
                        RIP Jason Leffler 1975-2013
                        War, war never changes.

Comment

• Jeffrey Earnhardt will return to the 33 next year

Comment

• From what I've heard Joe loves having an Earnhardt in his car, and he has this dream of once Bobby gets approved having 2 Earnhardts driving for him

Comment

• Originally posted by donnyh83 View Post
                              The #78 car will have Bass Pro Shops for 16 races in 2018 and Five Hour Energy will be on the car for 14 races. Auto-Owners Insurance will sponsor 6 races. Additional sponsorship for the remaining 2 races will be announced at a later date.
                              It will be a co-sponsorship on all 30 races with the main overall being what it listed. First time the #78 is fully sponsored for the entire regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by donnyh83 View Post
                                The #78 car will have Bass Pro Shops for 16 races in 2018 and Five Hour Energy will be on the car for 14 races. Auto-Owners Insurance will sponsor 6 races. Additional sponsorship for the remaining 2 races will be announced at a later date.
                                Going to guess that this includes the two non points races? Since that equals 38

Comment

Working...
                                X