2018 Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series Silly Season Thread

Moving forward it is time to start putting 2018 news in the 2018 thread and leave only 2017 news in 2017 thread, it has become cluttered with both 2017, and 2018 news.

Chartered Teams:

1 Jamie McMurray
    2 Brad Keselowski
    3 Austin Dillon
    4 Kevin Harvick
    6 Trevor Bayne
    9 Chase Elliott
    10 Aric Almirola
    11 Denny Hamlin
    13 Ty Dillon
    14 Clint Bowyer
    17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    18 Kyle Busch
    19 Daniel Suarez
    20 Erik Jones
    22 Joey Logano
    24 William Byron (R)
    31 Ryan Newman
    32 Matt DiBenedetto
    33 Jeffrey Earnhardt
    37 Chris Buescher
    42 Kyle Larson
    43 Darrell Wallace, Jr.
    47 AJ Allmendinger
    48 Jimmie Johnson
    51 Ray Black, Jr. (R)
    78 Martin Truex, Jr.
    88 Alex Bowman
    95 Kasey Kahne

Teams that have a Charter that sold theirs:

Furniture Row Racing - 77 Sold to JTG #37

Teams that have a Charter that have to sell or use:

Roush Fenway Racing - 16
    Front Row Motorsports - 35

Non Chartered teams that leased a charter in 2017:

21 Paul Menard
    72 TriStar Motorsports

Non Chartered teams:

7 Tommy Baldwin Racing
    12 Ryan Blaney
    55 Premium Motorsports
    66 MBM Motorsports
    75 Brendan Gaughan
    83 BK Racing
    96 DJ Kennington

Confirmed Changes

Teams:
    • On July 26, 2017, Team Penske announced it will expand to a three-car team with the addition of Ryan Blaney in the No. 12
    • On August 29, 2017, Hendrick Motorsports announced that the current No. 24 team driven by Chase Elliott would be changing to the No. 9 team, while the No. 5 would become the new No. 24 team to be driven by rookie William Byron.
    • On September 15, 2017, Furniture Row Racing confirmed it will downsize from a two car team to a one car team, shutting down the No. 77 team as sponsor 5-Hour Energy moves to the No. 78 team.
    • On December 8th, 2017, Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they will switch from Ford to Chevrolet in a technical alliance with Richard Childress Racing.
    Drivers:
    • On April 25, 2017, Dale Earnhardt Jr announced that he would retire from full-time racing. On July 20, 2017, Alex Bowman was announced as his full-time replacement in the #88.
    • On July 11, 2017, it was announced that Erik Jones will be replacing Matt Kenseth in the No. 20 car for Joe Gibbs Racing.
    • On July 26, 2017, it was announced that Paul Menard will replace Ryan Blaney in the No. 21 car for Wood Brothers Racing.
    • On August 7, 2017, it was announced that Kasey Kahne would be leaving the No. 5 car at the end of 2017. On August 8, 2017, it was announced that William Byron will be his full-time replacement in the renumbered No. 24 car and will be running for Rookie of the Year honors. On September 19th, 2017, it was announced that Kahne would be driving the No. 95 Chevy for Leavine Family Racing, replacing Michael McDowell.
    • On September 12, 2017, Danica Patrick announced that she would not be returning to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2018.
    • On September 12, 2017, Richard Petty Motorsports announced that Aric Almirola would not be returning to the No. 43 team in 2018.
    • On October 25, 2017, Darrell Wallace Jr. was named the driver of the #43 for Richard Petty Motorsports
    • On November 4, 2017, Matt Kenseth announced that he will not be back in 2018 in a Full Time Ride.
    • On November 8, 2017, Aric Almirola was named the driver of the #10 for Stewart-Haas Racing in 2018. Smithfield Foods will be the sponsor.
    • On November 17, 2017, Danica Patrick announced that 2017 would be her last season as a full time driver. She will run the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 to end her driving career in racing in 2018.
    Last edited by awehr1991; 12-08-2017, 08:37 PM.

Originally posted by awehr1991 View Post
    Moving forward it is time to start putting 2018 news in the 2018 thread and leave only 2017 news in 2017 thread, it has become cluttered with both 2017, and 2018 news.
    Alex Bowman to the 88.

Comment

I heard a rumor that Keselowski is leaving penske, oh and erik jones may take over the 20
      Joey Logano in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Jlogano22 View Post
        I heard a rumor that Keselowski is leaving penske, oh and erik jones may take over the 20
        Cant forget Kahne is being replaced by Byron in the 5.

Comment

Those have already been confirmed you goofs

Comment

Kasey Kahne has been announced as the driver of the #95 for 2018.

Comment

I would not be surprised if Bubba goes to FRM
              Originally posted by Sconnie
              Makes sense, since you could make two crew uniforms out of one of Harmon's.
              Originally posted by cantdrive55
              Does Harmon's Ram Charger qualify for cult status?
              Originally posted by QuietlyFly
              What would Todd have done in the 48? My guess is wreck closer to the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave66 View Post
                I would not be surprised if Bubba goes to RPM
                fixed

Co-Host of the all-around motorsports podcast

Comment

Originally posted by kevo55 View Post

fixed
                  if the RCR / RPM alliance is true then I think Ford will shovel a bunch of money to get Bubba into an FRM car.

Comment

Childress wants to downsize his entire program.
                    unless already stated otherwise, I don't think the 27 will be back.

also think he's shutting down two xfinity cars.

Comment

if the RCR / RPM alliance is true then I think Ford will shovel a bunch of money to get Bubba into an FRM car.
                      Nope Bubba following Petty from what I've heard
                      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Bubba's already driven for Chevy teams in lower series this year. He doesn't have any ties to a particular manufacturer anymore.

Kahne in the 95 is going to be a hilarious disaster similar to Bowyer driving for Harry Scott.

Comment

Ford had a lot of influence on him getting the #43 ride though.

Comment

I'm sure the 43 is going to be sponsor dependent when it comes to choosing the driver. If no one shows up with a check, I could see Bubba there.

Comment

Ford had a lot of influence on him getting the #43 ride though.
                              ^

Comment

Working...
                              X