Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a Boeing 777-200ER carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, disappeared from radar at 2:40 a.m. Malaysian time (1:40 p.m. EST) on it's way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Among passengers were 4 Americans (one of which was an infant) and 2 Canadians. About half of an hour ago, the Vietnamese Navy confirmed that the plane has crashed 150 miles off of one of their nation's islands. This is the first time ever that a Boeing 777 has been involved in a high fatality plane crash. RIP to all 239 souls aboard the plane.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...t-board-n47516
    Last edited by nwt0; 03-08-2014, 01:09 AM.
    Originally posted by hockeybub89
    Jet Buescher Can't Melt Steel Cassills

RIP Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    RIP Steve Byrnes 1959-2015

Still missing over a week later... sheesh. Governments can track a phone easily but can lose a plane...? Not saying it's a conspiracy at all, something just seems very fishy to me here.
    Twitter
    Website

Comment

and a week later we still know nothing. they cant rule out anything without knowing anything. just saying since the news can go on for a week straight about nothing...lol

and i am no aviation expert. but I just read in the paper today that planes still use radar technology developed in the 50's and that it would cost millions to implement GPS systems (wouldnt that be worth it right now?)

Comment

Apparently there was communication with the engine sensors 7 hours past the last communication with the planes navigation system.

Comment

Originally posted by David24 View Post
          but I just read in the paper today that planes still use radar technology developed in the 50's and that it would cost millions to implement GPS systems (wouldnt that be worth it right now?)

Thats not really true....
          the basis for Modern ATC RADAR and ATC procedures did start in the 50s, but we have advanced alot and to be honest, most planes cannot be track off RADAR unless the transponder is working, the primary target that the RADAR gives would be assumed noise (essp at a great distance from the RADAR station) and not even show up on the Controllers Screen, however investigators can get the RADAR 'tapes' and view all the data the computer calls noise. Of course all of that would assume that Malaysia and SE Asia have RADAR that matches American RADAR.

Also, the industry is in a period were we are transitioning to a new system (ADS-B iirc) that would more or less replace RADAR, but as with anything it takes time to do this and far flung parts of the world may not see this until 2050.

I will say i'm glad yall have been unlike network news and been waiting for them to find something before trying to give a reason.
          Listen to All-Around Motorsports Podcast on iTunes
          allaroundmotorsportspod@gmail.com

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."
          "A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve McQueen [Le Mans] 1971

Comment

I have been told by a person who would know that radars in that part of the world are terrible.

Comment

Possible debris found.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...ALhdy28zsr6qiq

Comment

Originally posted by WCPainter View Post
                I have been told by a person who would know that radars in that part of the world are terrible.
                I'd bet they are but I am not expert in the Malaysian infrastructure, or much of anything about the place.
                Listen to All-Around Motorsports Podcast on iTunes
                allaroundmotorsportspod@gmail.com

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."
                "A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve McQueen [Le Mans] 1971

Comment

Australia is reporting that they may have found debris off their coast. In sharp contrast to the countries of the region, I trust Australia when they say something like this-- ultimately their government has a great track record.
                  Twitter
                  Website

Comment

No way, the pilot had a multi-monitor flight simulator and had an argument with his wife. He must have done it.

The way this whole thing is handled by the media is absurd, but Obama loves it because they have stopped talking about his incompetence for a few weeks.
                    Stupidity was meant to be painful!

Comment

Originally posted by S_Gibson View Post
                      No way, the pilot had a multi-monitor flight simulator and had an argument with his wife. He must have done it.

The way this whole thing is handled by the media is absurd, but Obama loves it because they have stopped talking about his incompetence for a few weeks.
                      i hear ya, The fact that he keeps pushing Russia is confusing me.... The man wanted the people to vote....so they did.... results where unanimous the people want to be part of Russia...Obama continues to try and start a fight with Russia.

how many more years of him left Gib?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bergeron View Post
                        i hear ya, The fact that he keeps pushing Russia is confusing me.... The man wanted the people to vote....so they did.... results where unanimous the people want to be part of Russia...Obama continues to try and start a fight with Russia.

how many more years of him left Gib?
                        November 8, 2016 we will vote for our next President. January 20, 2017 we will inaugurate our next President by allowing them to lie and tell us they will uphold our Constitution. Biggest liar to date has been Barack Hussein Obama II, but in 1036 days the worst President in US history will be out of the White House.
                        Stupidity was meant to be painful!

Comment

November 8, 2016 we will vote for our next President. January 20, 2017 we will inaugurate our next President by allowing them to lie and tell us they will uphold our Constitution.
                          Like sticking a knife in me...

Biggest liar to date has been Barack Hussein Obama II, but in 1036 days the worst President in US history will be out of the White House.
                          ...and then twisting it.

Comment

They ought to bring in NASCAR officials to search for the plane. They're great at spotting debris when nobody else can see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Astat View Post
                              They ought to bring in NASCAR officials to search for the plane. They're great at spotting debris when nobody else can see it!
                              haha aweosme! should make a meme

Comment

Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X