Tree Sap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Sap?

Any ideas for keeping tree sap off my car? Every morning, I wake up and my car is covered in a fine "mist" of sap. I don't want to damage my paint by having this happen all the time. I've been washing the car every few days to keep it clean -- a typical wash with nothing special cleans the sap right off.

Short of removing the tree (not an option as it's not my tree and it's massive) and using a car cover, do I have any other options? Anybody else have to deal with this?
    "I'm going to start calling Dylan Kwasniewski 'Awesome Bill' because of his hat's bill."

Park in a new spot? IDK, I'd get a car cover, or maybe some carport/ EZ up setup to prevent it.
    "Trick question, Lemmy IS God"

Comment

Yea I have. It sux . I think the car cover would be the best option, but you will have to wash it once a week or so probably anyway .

Man, the pollen is THICK this year and that stuff is all over around here. Gets on everything ...
      Ozark CCW ~ Protect yourself, don't be a victim.
      An armed society is a polite society.

Comment

Other than a car cover, only thing I can think of is trying a simple carport.

Also, make sure you have a nice coat of wax on your car. It'll help protect the paint. Typically sap doesn't come off as easy as you described so be careful.

Comment

Cut down tree anyways.

Comment

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=231314_0_0_

This stuff keeps pretty much anything from sticking to your car, and takes anything right off that does stick.

Comment

Step 1:

Wash car in dawn to strip your wax off. Then wash it again with car wash soap. (I like Adam's car shampoo)

Step 2:

Dry your car and polish it to remove any imperfections if need be. (I like using Adam's detail spray in conjunction with their great white waffle drying towel)

Step 3:

Get the stuff mentioned in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233695

It is awesome and is good for at least 5 years. Apply it to areas that get the most sap, or just do the whole car.

You won't have to wax for another 5 years and nothing will stick to it. Plus, once it cures, it is 10 times tougher than your clear coat. I've done the front of my car and bugs won't even stick to this stuff.
              The Swamp jumping, Gator Ridin', Cajun RuRaMoFo.

Comment

I suffer the same issue, I wait til my dad leaves tho then I force him to take my spot while I "borrow" his.
                "You can't race around a jackass." -- Clint Bowyer

Comment

Pour maple syrup all over the car of the person whose tree it is. He'll get the picture eventually.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have four plans

Plan A: Build a car port or garage to enclose the car

Plan B: Remove the tree

Plan C: Car cover

Plan D: Deforestation.
                    Listen to All-Around Motorsports Podcast on iTunes
                    allaroundmotorsportspod@gmail.com

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."
                    "A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve McQueen [Le Mans] 1971

Comment

Originally posted by T18 View Post
                      I have four plans

Plan A: Build a car port or garage to enclose the car

Plan B: Remove the tree

Plan C: Car cover

Plan D: Deforestation.
                      D.1: With Fire
                      Wingz
                      https://twitter.com/bigbaldfatguy87

Comment

Add some glitter to the sticky spots and claim you're Ke$ha

The Paul Menard Empire - Website | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

I live in the forest. The best thing I've discovered is that you just have to deal with all the sap, pollen, leaves, nuts, etc. It's a pain, but short of having a garage/carport, there's not much you can do about it. Best advice is to just try to keep your car clean.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Carport and moving the car aren't really options as I'm in a mobile home park and we have a designated parking pad. We're not supposed to have car covers, either. Guess I'll just have to deal with it until I can afford the stuff in Brandon's post.

I do keep the car waxed, which helps me get the sap off pretty easily. It's just annoying -- even if I go home for an hour or two, I'll have a new layer of sap. My girlfriend's windows get stuck and won't open when she parks her car.
                            "I'm going to start calling Dylan Kwasniewski 'Awesome Bill' because of his hat's bill."

Comment

Sell car. Ride bicycle.

Comment

Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X