Daily Drivers, Richard's Fairy Tale & Switching to GUYCO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Drivers, Richard's Fairy Tale & Switching to GUYCO

I know this thread probably existed, but I can't find it.

My daily driver is a 2000 Plymouth Breeze with 134k miles on it.

I gotta say, it's not a bad little car and I love the thing, but it didn't age too well.

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Finally picked something up, 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE

4x4, V6, leather interior, a huge improvement over the old Saturn.

I know she's a little ought around the edges (scratches, etc.), but she's mechanically sound. Looking forward to driving this one for a while.

Leave a comment:

• atruebudfan
    replied
    The new gen Subi's are much improved of the last gen, thought about buying one myself before I picked up a new Terrian. Subi's size was just a tad too small in the rear seat for what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    I've heard really good things about both, but I do love the Subi for having that Subi charm over the Honda.

Leave a comment:

• nascarartist20
    replied
    Traded in my 2010 Tacoma for a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek tonight. One test drive and I was hooked. Was really considering the Honda HR-V before hopping in the Subaru, glad I gave it a shot.

EDIT: Added a pic from yesterday. I've put 400 miles on this thing so far and I love it.
    Last edited by nascarartist20; 08-31-2018, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Looked at a 2005 Pathfinder with an immaculate interior and great running engine (goddamn I love that 4.0l VQ40DE V6), but underneath it was a rust bucket and the guys at the lot didn't even know it was 2WD (had to show them the lack of front differential). Wasn't really the truck I was after but entertained them to see what they'd drop down to price wise, which was nil. Asked $8600, told them it was above KBB and similar models on Autotrader in the area (and those were 4x4 models at that), and the amount of rust and scratches on the side meant it was not an $8k truck. Would not budge and the owner told me he has too much traffic to haggle and would rather sit for 60 more days before he turned it back into wholesale.

Yep onto the next one, there's a similarly priced Xterra closer to me so that'll be the next one I look at (probably next week).

Leave a comment:

• NOSphantom59
    replied
    Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post

Good luck, and for the love of god if you lose the war try your damndest to keep her away from the automatics
    My sister had an early 2000s Beetle, it didn't go well.

Leave a comment:

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Originally posted by powersteamracing View Post
    I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car. Wife has her heart set on the early/mid 2000's VW Beetle, I`m more partial to the Chevy Cobalt.

The bickering begins lol.
    Good luck, and for the love of god if you lose the war try your damndest to keep her away from the automatics

Leave a comment:

• powersteamracing
    replied
    I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car. Wife has her heart set on the early/mid 2000's VW Beetle, I`m more partial to the Chevy Cobalt.

The bickering begins lol.

Leave a comment:

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Currently ride shopping, simply time. Got the 3 year itch with the ION and really ready for an upgrade lol.

Leave a comment:

• Savio_OOTM
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard Hammond View Post
    Well, it finally came time and I got rid of the Mustang. Whether I drove it or not, and I did park it for about a year, it seems to just keep losing value Like a Rock so I decided to trade it in

I ended up getting myself a 2015 Mazda 3 GS sedan. It's been awhile since I drove something that I actually enjoyed and could afford to drive, so I'm really happy with it. Makes me wonder why I didn't just get one from the get go....
    Douche.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Hammond
    replied
    Well, it finally came time and I got rid of the Mustang. Whether I drove it or not, and I did park it for about a year, it seems to just keep losing value Like a Rock so I decided to trade it in

I ended up getting myself a 2015 Mazda 3 GS sedan. It's been awhile since I drove something that I actually enjoyed and could afford to drive, so I'm really happy with it. Makes me wonder why I didn't just get one from the get go....
    Last edited by Richard Hammond; 08-12-2018, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nascarartist20
    replied

Looking for a 4x4
    Everybody is

Leave a comment:

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Originally posted by nascarartist20 View Post

I have a 2010 Tacoma Pre-Runner access cab, bone stock with under 100k miles with brand new tires. $12k and it's yours lol. You can be like everyone else. You know you wanna.

(My statement was meant to be funny, but hey if anyone wants to buy a truck hit me up)
    Looking for a 4x4

Leave a comment:

• nascarartist20
    replied

Yeah they sure do. But it'll be my daily so the reliability element is a key factor, plus it's not going the Tacoma route that everyone I know with a midsize truck gets lol.
    I have a 2010 Tacoma Pre-Runner access cab, bone stock with under 100k miles with brand new tires. $12k and it's yours lol. You can be like everyone else. You know you wanna.

(My statement was meant to be funny, but hey if anyone wants to buy a truck hit me up)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X