No announcement yet.

Daily Drivers, Richard's Fairy Tale & Switching to GUYCO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car. Wife has her heart set on the early/mid 2000's VW Beetle, I`m more partial to the Chevy Cobalt.

The bickering begins lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by powersteamracing View Post
      I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car. Wife has her heart set on the early/mid 2000's VW Beetle, I`m more partial to the Chevy Cobalt.

The bickering begins lol.
      Good luck, and for the love of god if you lose the war try your damndest to keep her away from the automatics
      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post

Good luck, and for the love of god if you lose the war try your damndest to keep her away from the automatics
        My sister had an early 2000s Beetle, it didn't go well.

Comment

• Looked at a 2005 Pathfinder with an immaculate interior and great running engine (goddamn I love that 4.0l VQ40DE V6), but underneath it was a rust bucket and the guys at the lot didn't even know it was 2WD (had to show them the lack of front differential). Wasn't really the truck I was after but entertained them to see what they'd drop down to price wise, which was nil. Asked $8600, told them it was above KBB and similar models on Autotrader in the area (and those were 4x4 models at that), and the amount of rust and scratches on the side meant it was not an $8k truck. Would not budge and the owner told me he has too much traffic to haggle and would rather sit for 60 more days before he turned it back into wholesale.

Yep onto the next one, there's a similarly priced Xterra closer to me so that'll be the next one I look at (probably next week).

Comment

• Traded in my 2010 Tacoma for a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek tonight. One test drive and I was hooked. Was really considering the Honda HR-V before hopping in the Subaru, glad I gave it a shot.

EDIT: Added a pic from yesterday. I've put 400 miles on this thing so far and I love it.
            Last edited by nascarartist20; 08-31-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• I've heard really good things about both, but I do love the Subi for having that Subi charm over the Honda.

Comment

• The new gen Subi's are much improved of the last gen, thought about buying one myself before I picked up a new Terrian. Subi's size was just a tad too small in the rear seat for what I was looking for.

Comment

• Finally picked something up, 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE

4x4, V6, leather interior, a huge improvement over the old Saturn.

I know she's a little ought around the edges (scratches, etc.), but she's mechanically sound. Looking forward to driving this one for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X