Daily Drivers, Richard's Fairy Tale & Switching to GUYCO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarKing View Post

Nice car. I'm way biased, but think it's a great handling car for a daily. Did you get the manual of auto?
    Auto since its the wife's.

Comment

• Originally posted by David24 View Post
      Yeah my Jeep is loud as hell anywhere I go. The soft top is going to get replaced this summer, there goes another $800 for a complete decent top. Although as far as noise I did not notice a difference between the old and new tires.

A couple weeks after I bought the Jeep and i didn't know much about anything 4x4, I saw a Tracker up in the mountains. Don't think it was lifted but it had beefy tires and a snorkel. Never knew people used them as wheelin' rigs.
      I really regret not wheeling it more. Was a little mountain goat, really needed a set of mud tires but the cheapo junkyard all seasons did good until the muck.
      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Well, found myself a project. '78 Jeep Cherokee I have affectionately named "Pigpen." Got it for a decent price from an old SJ (they can get stupid at times), but there is a little more work to it than I was anticipating. Had myself quite the "Roadkill" adventure to get it the 30-40 miles to Statesville lol. Really want to start wrenching on her but the 12-15 hour days at the shop have been hard lol.

Comment

• Nice. I've been thinking about finding a Comanche and sinking some money into it. I'm still trying to convince the misses that an Unlimited is a suitable SUV that we NEED lol

Comment

• I was seriously debating on trading my wrangler for a badass lifted commanche a couple months ago. Looked nasty as hell but I'd definitely miss the soft top on the wrangler

Comment

• Can we finally fix the thread title so that GEICO is spelled correctly?

Comment

• I think that's the point

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1FF7DC4B-EBCC-4EA4-9F33-D0CC14DCE1F8.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1473790 Just got a 2017 Fusion plug in electric. Very happy with it so far, definitely love the color.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick_silver View Post
                    Click image for larger version

ID:	1473790 Just got a 2017 Fusion plug in electric. Very happy with it so far, definitely love the color.
                    I'm interested to see what the day to day life would be like with a plug in. I'm not familiar with Ford's system, but are you able to charge in most places? Or do you need a fancy charging station (ie. Tesla)

Comment

• You can charge at any standard public station. It has the same standard plug as most of the major automakers. I only live about 7 miles from work so I make it round trip on pure electric no problem and charge it at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick_silver View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Hippie.

Comment

• dp

Comment

• First of all, now that I'm able to view this thread again, congrats on the Fusion, and congrats on the Mazda!

Say hi to my new wheels, a 2000 Ninja ZX6R. 50k mi on the bike but 20k mi on the engine. Picked it up for relatively cheap, has a few marks on it and will need a little bit of love. Overall a blast to ride, implying I actually know how to use a wet clutch.

600cc is terrifying and that might be better than something that I feel I can push to its limit.

Of course it snowed the day after I bought this.
                            https://s3.amazonaws.com/domain-asse...com/banner.png

Comment

• Bought a summer toy. Brand new 2016 Yamaha XT250 dual sport. Wanted something to take camping, play in the dirt with friends, with the potential for some city cruising (need that license though).

Comment

• Added a new motorcyle to the collection, a 2016 Triumph Thruxton R. She's named Vivian.

Comment

Working...
                                X