Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

RuRa is alive for another year.

Thanks to those below for their donations. Next years hosting bill is paid. RuRa is going to have it's 20th birthday!

Google Adsense is no longer viable to pay our web hosting bill. For about a year the earning of advertising has been cut by more than half while the traffic and page views has barely changed. This being said our next web hosing bill is due August 9th. We will need nearly $500 to keep the site alive for another year. We are running close to needing to upgrade our space again, at that time we will be looking at an additional $10 a month for additional space. I don't expect we will need this for another 6 months or so.

I welcome anyone that wishes to keep the forum alive in it's current form to donate to the forum. My Paypal is webmaster@rubbins-racin.com .

$160 ~ VADER
$100 ~ nascarartist20
$100 ~ Slumerican
$50 ~ Tyler97
$25 ~ burtonbraves
$25 ~ Stevie Richards
$20 ~ IFRT-c_crisp26
$20 ~ Jetsplaya97
$20 ~ binkerbo
See more
See less

Daily Drivers, Richard's Fairy Tale & Switching to GUYCO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve_moore View Post

Explains a lot, huh?
    Sorry, this post does not include a safe space.

Comment

• Update, I still have this rust bucket and it's still fun as all heck in the snow.
      "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Never posted this but I bought a '92 Wrangler last October. Kind of an impulse buy. Quite a bit of underside rust but other than that it's in great shape and the thing is a beast in mud and snow.

Future plans are to get bigger tires and maybe a lift...anyone know about lift kits as far as what else needs to be done to the drivetrain?

Comment

• MSteelman51 is the resident off-road guru. I'm sadly lacking the experience with stuff other than stock, although I am looking for a new project truck for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by David24 View Post
            Never posted this but I bought a '92 Wrangler last October. Kind of an impulse buy. Quite a bit of underside rust but other than that it's in great shape and the thing is a beast in mud and snow.

Future plans are to get bigger tires and maybe a lift...anyone know about lift kits as far as what else needs to be done to the drivetrain?
            If you only go 3-4" you should be fine with the driveshafts. Anything over and you may have problems.

I put a 3 1/2" lift on mine and it was fine. I did take the anti-roll bar off, and when you went around a corner it would lean asll the way over on the bump stops. It was hairy feeling at first, but once I figured out what it was doing it was fine. All my passengers always thought we were gonna roll.....lol.
            Ozark CCW ~ Protect yourself, don't be a victim.
            An armed society is a polite society.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
              MSteelman51 is the resident off-road guru. I'm sadly lacking the experience with stuff other than stock, although I am looking for a new project truck for this year.
              I wouldn't say I'm the guru, but I know a little lol. My older brother is a freakin' genius when it comes to building off road rigs
              Originally posted by JR90
              I personally think NASCAR should have 16 winners per race. Declare a winner after every 40 laps or so. It will be EXCITING!
              Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
              Quiet him! Before Brian France catches wind!
              Shameless plug for my YouTube channel
              Shameless plug for my other YouTube channel

Comment

• Finally sold the TDI back to VW and replaced it a 2017 Mazda 3 Touring 2.5. Peppy little engine, really nice handling, overall the best car we could find for the price.

Comment

• Well after some extensive research and pricing lift kits I decided against it. Two things that ultimately made my decision. Drivetrain mods and power loss (larger tires) I wanted to at least get 33's but from what I heard/read that would cut my power some and the thing doesn't have much guts to begin with. And with that I would have to swap out drive shafts and front/rear gears or at least re-gear them. So just today I bought new wheels and tires. 30' Federal Couragias on some powder coated steelies. Not only do they look 10x better but I'm pretty sure they will take me through any mud/snow/sand I come across
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by David24 View Post
                    Well after some extensive research and pricing lift kits I decided against it. Two things that ultimately made my decision. Drivetrain mods and power loss (larger tires) I wanted to at least get 33's but from what I heard/read that would cut my power some and the thing doesn't have much guts to begin with. And with that I would have to swap out drive shafts and front/rear gears or at least re-gear them. So just today I bought new wheels and tires. 30' Federal Couragias on some powder coated steelies. Not only do they look 10x better but I'm pretty sure they will take me through any mud/snow/sand I come across
                    What's the ambient road noise like?

Comment

• Originally posted by 8EARNHARDT8 View Post

What's the ambient road noise like?
                      If it's anything like mine, people will hear you coming for a mile...lol.
                      Ozark CCW ~ Protect yourself, don't be a victim.
                      An armed society is a polite society.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve_moore View Post

If it's anything like mine, people will hear you coming for a mile...lol.
                        Considering it's a soft top, I bet loud as hell lol

Miss my Geo Tracker. Thing was the butt of jokes but that little buggy would go anywhere. Fun little trucklet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post

Considering it's a soft top, I bet loud as hell lol

Miss my Geo Tracker. Thing was the butt of jokes but that little buggy would go anywhere. Fun little trucklet.
                          I know a couple guys who've built Geo Trackers. Their tiny wheelbase makes them almost perfect to build into a crawler
                          Originally posted by JR90
                          I personally think NASCAR should have 16 winners per race. Declare a winner after every 40 laps or so. It will be EXCITING!
                          Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
                          Quiet him! Before Brian France catches wind!
                          Shameless plug for my YouTube channel
                          Shameless plug for my other YouTube channel

Comment

• All I did to mind was pull the bumper covers off and install 31" tires (cheap all seasons but they got the job done lol). The thing was a mountain goat any time you got off road, turd on asphalt. Was a great 2nd vehicle, but it could get kinda miserable since it was my only vehicle at the time lol. I wouldn't mind getting another, but it'd probably be a 5 speed 4 door.

Comment

• Yeah my Jeep is loud as hell anywhere I go. The soft top is going to get replaced this summer, there goes another $800 for a complete decent top. Although as far as noise I did not notice a difference between the old and new tires.

A couple weeks after I bought the Jeep and i didn't know much about anything 4x4, I saw a Tracker up in the mountains. Don't think it was lifted but it had beefy tires and a snorkel. Never knew people used them as wheelin' rigs.

Comment