Post pics of your Diecasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DriveCode4828384 View Post

Funny you mention that... Racing Champions Mint is due to land in stores at the end of the month. Right now, it looks like they're offering Richard Petty throwbacks and NHRA funny cars...

Count me in... any idea where they'll be stocked? Walmart or someplace similar? I'd much prefer to be able to look at it physically before I commit to buying one.
    Twitter
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post

Count me in... any idea where they'll be stocked? Walmart or someplace similar? I'd much prefer to be able to look at it physically before I commit to buying one.
      It doesn't say, but apparently sometime this summer from what I've gathered online. Also looks like they're following Funko's model and doing chase variants.
      Kyle Larson races in NASCAR, not in F1.

Comment

• Question for you diecast collectors. What is the best method for buying 1/24 scale cars? Should I be buying new or off ebay? If new what are the best sites that have decent prices? My ultimate goal is to have the champion's car from every year, and also one representative of every manufacturer ran in every year. However I'm not looking to pay $80 as I've seen in some physical stores.

Also, for those who collect 1/64 scale cars, do you have any suggestions for display cases? I collect NASCAR and Hot Wheels but haven't found a nice way of displaying them loose. I've seen display cases online for $150, but wondering if anyone here has a cheaper alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by powersteamracing View Post
          Question for you diecast collectors. What is the best method for buying 1/24 scale cars? Should I be buying new or off ebay? If new what are the best sites that have decent prices? My ultimate goal is to have the champion's car from every year, and also one representative of every manufacturer ran in every year. However I'm not looking to pay $80 as I've seen in some physical stores.

Also, for those who collect 1/64 scale cars, do you have any suggestions for display cases? I collect NASCAR and Hot Wheels but haven't found a nice way of displaying them loose. I've seen display cases online for $150, but wondering if anyone here has a cheaper alternative.
          If you get brand new releases going to plan b sales isnít probably your best bet, if they are sold out then eBay, some cars especially championship primary cars can get rare and really gain value so you might not be able to find some cheap, I know that things like Kyle Buschís regular crispy car is pretty rare
          Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• I just got these at a flea market the other day. I got a Dave Marcis car from I believe 91 or 92 and Terry Labonte's Busch car from 1997.

Comment

• Originally posted by powersteamracing View Post
              Question for you diecast collectors. What is the best method for buying 1/24 scale cars? Should I be buying new or off ebay? If new what are the best sites that have decent prices? My ultimate goal is to have the champion's car from every year, and also one representative of every manufacturer ran in every year. However I'm not looking to pay $80 as I've seen in some physical stores.
              Well, first off a championship car for every year is a lofty goal; some have become quite rare, and expensive. I'm not trying to persuade you from doing this; just stating it's gonna get pricey. As for ebay, Lionel, or a diecast dealer; that's up to you. The only sure fire way is Lionel, but they don't keep back stock, once it sells; it's gone. If you can accomplish your goal without using ebay; I'll be amazed. That's not to say ebay is a horrible place, but it can be a headache at times.

Originally posted by powersteamracing View Post
              There's not a whole lot of options with cases; the most popular ones are mirror backed acrylic or basically a wood shelf. The only options are how many cars you want to display and material (wood/acrylic). A wood shelf has a huge advantage in cost, but it's uncovered; so dusting becomes a huge issue. And as you've already seen; acrylic ones are expensive, but the only dusting you'll need to do is the outside of the case, not the cars.

Comment

• Diecasts get cheap pretty quickly, ebay is your friend for that. Most older cars range in the 20-30 bucks, with more recent stuff in the 35-50 range. Championship cars are a more rare thing so the price will be higher if you do find people selling them.

Comment

• This scheme on a Cup body looks much better then I initially thought, usually black and white cars donít do much for me,

2018 Brad Keselowski #2 Discount Tire Ford Fusion 1/24 ARC

One of the Keselowski cars Iíve never had, couldnít resist the steal it was listed at, great car ready for Memorial Day

2008 Brad Keselowski #88 Navy Salute The Troops Chevy Monte Carlo 1/24 Advanced Run ARC

This Raced win is one of the most boring and plain ones Iíve ever seen,i wouldnít have even gotten it if I wasnít at this race, the only cool part is the windshield wiper decal, not sure why people are being so excited for this one,

2017 Martin Truex Jr #78 Furniture Row Watkins Glen Win Toyota Camry 1/24 ARC

I love how this lets us finally get an everyday plain black Nemco truck, a very unique, simple and clean truck that I think is going to be one good one to have down the road....glad Brent gets all of this sponsored rides produced,

2017 John Hunter Nemechek #8 Plan B Sales Chevy Silverado 1/24 ARC

Been looking for this one for a while, wanted It as soon as I found out this team had a promo, been harder to find then I thought

2003 #28 FDNY Chevy Silverado 1/24 RC

Ever since I was at this Talladega race back in 2011 I loved this scheme, such a bright and eye catching ride, while being in a tandem with Loganoís bright Orange Home Depot Ride they really complemented each other quite well, never expected it to be so hard to find,

2011 Denny Hamlin Fed-Ex Office Print Big, Save Big Toyota Camry 1/24 ARC

The oversized logos are a bit much and do take away from this car a little, but itís still not a bad scheme, the QP logos are also metallic which is nice,

2013 Kyle Busch #18 Snickers Bites Toyota Camry 1/24 ARC

This set is just cool, when have we ever seen something like this again? A special scheme with the purpose of teasing another special scheme for a few weeks later, these are quite underrated M&Ms schemes, the final Millennium car is beautiful

1999 Ernie Irvan #36 M&Ms Countdown To The Millennium Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 ARC

1999 Ernie Irvan #36 M&Ms Millennium Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 ARC

I have always thought this car was funny, the fact they actually had a dog character for a movie to fit the sponsorship is awesome

2004 Elliott Sadler #38 Pedigree Wizard Of Oz Ford Taurus 1/24 ARC

Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• Nice find on the FDNY truck, didn't know they made those either.
                    Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

Comment

• Love that M&M's 2000 car. Nice find!
                      Twitter
                      Website

Comment

• This paint scheme really grew on me, I still like some of joeys older Pennzoil cars better but this one does look nice as a Diecast, and this years Diecast is a huge improvement over last years, glad this one actually got an elite,

2018 Joey Logano #22 Pennzoil Ford Fusion 1/24 RCCA Elite

Glad this one actually got produced this year after getting dnpd in all 1/24 version last year,

2018 Joey Logano #22 AutoTrader Ford Fusion 1/24 RCCA Elite

This car is just incredible, itís so neon and satisfying that you just canít stop starring at it, i love the yellow submarine design on a cup car, I wish they wouldnít keep changing some of the colors on the real thing since it made this Diecast slightly inaccurate though

2018 Ryan Blaney #12 Menards/Duracell Ford Fusion 1/24 ARC

Itís certainly weird how long itís taken us to get a Diecast of Matt Craftons Menards 88 Truck, and a Raced Win is a good place to start, these Eldora wins do always look great, and it does even have treaded dirt tires, the awesome Menards yellow really is good for showing dirt and debris,

2017 Matt Crafton #88 Menards/Ideal Doors Eldora Raced Win Toyota Tundra 1/24 ARC

This one has been on the list for a while now, and I only wanted it more after getting the original Fred Lorenzen, so when one popped up sealed for a decent price I knew I had to pounce, once it arrived it only got sweeter when I flipped it over and saw that the plate didnít have a number but instead just said SAMPLE, first time Iíve ever gotten a surprise sample

2008 Travis Kvapil #28 LaFayette Ford Fusion 1/24 CFS

Iíve wanted this one for a while and almost forgot it even existed, just a great bright and simple scheme, one that he even won in,

2008 Carl Edwards #60 Planters Peanuts Ford Fusion 1/24 ARC

This one was the last of Kyleís Patriotic M&Ms Schemes that I needed, it proved quite difficult to obtain, glad to finally get one

2012 Kyle Busch #18 M&Ms Red, White & Blue Toyota Camry 1/24 ARC

One of the Ward Burton cars thatís proven hard to find over the years, this program didnít turn out the best looking cars but they at least produced a pretty unique look for NASCAR Chevys

2007 Ward Burton #4 State Water Heaters 57 Chevy 50th Anniversary Chevy 1/24 ARC

Been wanting this one for a while, the original M&Ms car, honestly a kind of forgotten scheme, the reason I got the Revell is because of the ARC being on the fat and ugly mold that action made back then for some reason,

1998 Ernie Irvan #36 M&Ms Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 Revell Select

This has always been one of my favorite classic M&Ms Patriotic schemes, M&Ms has to be one of the longest sponsors to keep running Patriotic schemes almost every year

2000 Ken Schrader #36 M&Ms 4th Of July Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 ARC

Another solid patriotic car, although probably my least favorite of the #36 Patriotic schemes

2001 Ken Schrader #36 M&Ms 4th Of July Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 ARC

Always wanted to get all of the old #36 Primary M&Ms cars, only need the 2002 now...

2001 Ken Schrader #36 M&Ms Pontiac Grand Prix 1/24 ARC

Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• Those Patriotic M&M's cars are great.

Comment

• It's kind of insane to me that the "Elite" diecasts aren't immune to the paint chips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevie Richards View Post
                              It's kind of insane to me that the "Elite" diecasts aren't immune to the paint chips.
                              It's got an antenna though.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X