No announcement yet.

Post pics of your Diecasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like the ship hit the fan over the '17 Kyle Larson Fontana Cup Raced Win diecast. To start with I do feel for people who put down their hard earned money for what they thought was going to be a relatively accurate diecast car. And of course Lionel offered up the standard excuse of "it was what the team approved". And then threw in the extra nugget of "we made multiple attempts to reach the team about corrective measures, but were unsuccessful". Admittedly, I give Lionel crap from time to time, and yes I'm pretty critical of them. But Lionel's name is on the product; they make and sell diecast cars as a means of their business, not the race teams. Also, I understand that both are reliant upon each other to come up with as accurate of a product that can be made. However; in this case it's fairly apparent that something went very wrong. And unfortunately Larson's Michigan 2 and Richmond 2 cars will have the same error per Lionel.

Larson on track at Fontana

Lionel Art 3D Render for Fontana Race Win

Final Diecast product

images from Plan B Twitter

Taking their word that the final product artwork was approved by the team and Lionel made multiple attempts to contact the team about corrective measures doesn't really add up, as evident by the 3D rendered artwork Lionel released to their dealers. Per the Lionel render the artwork appears to be fairly close. So what happened between artwork approval and production? Most diecast collectors know that prototypes are made to ensure correct colors and accuracy of logos, numbers, and scheme. Looking back on Lionel's Target cars; they seem to have had issues with getting the scheme correct since 2014. So this isn't exactly an isolated case. The biggest problem I see with the interaction between Lionel and their customer base is they seem to fall into the tactic of finger pointing. I've yet to see Lionel take responsibility for any error. It's always someone else's fault, and they always cite the race team post haste. I'm not claiming it's always Lionel's fault, as the popular example seems to be Regan Smith's 2014 Napa car where a last minute change was made to the real car regarding the shade of blue, okay that's acceptable. This however is a totally different situation, because it's a car that is being produced after having won the race. It's not like the team changed the scheme during the final pit stop. If you're having issues with accuracy; perhaps you need better and more qualified people. University of Racing Legends knocks it out of the park every time.

Also if anyone from Lionel is lurking; the customer is always right. Even if you don't agree with them. Stop sitting on the high horse, and pretending all fans are DARF's. My gut tells me the bottom is about to fall out of the industry, and it's not because Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart all retired.

Comment

• That pretty much summed it up, and is exactly why i have not ordered a single target win. I knew they would get it wrong and i want the raced win to look like its supposed too.

i order around 60 cars a year, this year not counting 2018 cars, i ordered half that. Will be less next season i would feel is a safe guess.

Comment

• Received this RAOK today from a fellow www.diecastcrazy.com CraZy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171124_142441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1507208Click image for larger version

Name:	20171124_142407.jpg
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1507209

http://webpages.charter.net/moparbob/2013%20Charger2.jpg
        Always been MoPAR
        TELL IT TO THE MARINES

Comment

• cantdrive, sadly that's the mentality of the industry as a whole towards fans. The DARFs will keep us going! Until the DARFs get pissed off and move on.
          "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

• Originally posted by abharkl View Post
            That pretty much summed it up, and is exactly why i have not ordered a single target win. I knew they would get it wrong and i want the raced win to look like its supposed too.

i order around 60 cars a year, this year not counting 2018 cars, i ordered half that. Will be less next season i would feel is a safe guess.
            I have 2 Larson Target Raced Wins; the Cartwheel Camaro, and the All-Star Open. I didn't order any of Larson's '17 cars. Pretty much the only cars I've gotten this year have been Dale Jr. I'm about 95% that I'm done with Lionel. Over the last several years I've seen a drastic reduction in quality and relative accuracy; plus their restructuring of Elite and Gold series cars for '18 is very disappointing. The new CWTS molds had so much potential, but alas swing and a miss.

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
            cantdrive, sadly that's the mentality of the industry as a whole towards fans. The DARFs will keep us going! Until the DARFs get pissed off and move on.
            A majority of the DARF's have already moved on, and sadly I think NASCAR is going to pay a hefty price for trying to cater to the lowest common denominator. The core base they cumulatively spent nearly 70 years on is largely gone. I guess the most irritating part of that mentality is the prevailing attitude that just because someone doesn't work on a race car, or is in the "industry" they are somehow inferior, and are less than intelligent. Obviously not everyone in the industry thinks this way; even though there are deserving DARF's out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
              It looks like the ship hit the fan over the '17 Kyle Larson Fontana Cup Raced Win diecast. To start with I do feel for people who put down their hard earned money for what they thought was going to be a relatively accurate diecast car. And of course Lionel offered up the standard excuse of "it was what the team approved". And then threw in the extra nugget of "we made multiple attempts to reach the team about corrective measures, but were unsuccessful". Admittedly, I give Lionel crap from time to time, and yes I'm pretty critical of them. But Lionel's name is on the product; they make and sell diecast cars as a means of their business, not the race teams. Also, I understand that both are reliant upon each other to come up with as accurate of a product that can be made. However; in this case it's fairly apparent that something went very wrong. And unfortunately Larson's Michigan 2 and Richmond 2 cars will have the same error per Lionel.

Larson on track at Fontana

Lionel Art 3D Render for Fontana Race Win

Final Diecast product

images from Plan B Twitter

Taking their word that the final product artwork was approved by the team and Lionel made multiple attempts to contact the team about corrective measures doesn't really add up, as evident by the 3D rendered artwork Lionel released to their dealers. Per the Lionel render the artwork appears to be fairly close. So what happened between artwork approval and production? Most diecast collectors know that prototypes are made to ensure correct colors and accuracy of logos, numbers, and scheme. Looking back on Lionel's Target cars; they seem to have had issues with getting the scheme correct since 2014. So this isn't exactly an isolated case. The biggest problem I see with the interaction between Lionel and their customer base is they seem to fall into the tactic of finger pointing. I've yet to see Lionel take responsibility for any error. It's always someone else's fault, and they always cite the race team post haste. I'm not claiming it's always Lionel's fault, as the popular example seems to be Regan Smith's 2014 Napa car where a last minute change was made to the real car regarding the shade of blue, okay that's acceptable. This however is a totally different situation, because it's a car that is being produced after having won the race. It's not like the team changed the scheme during the final pit stop. If you're having issues with accuracy; perhaps you need better and more qualified people. University of Racing Legends knocks it out of the park every time.

Also if anyone from Lionel is lurking; the customer is always right. Even if you don't agree with them. Stop sitting on the high horse, and pretending all fans are DARF's. My gut tells me the bottom is about to fall out of the industry, and it's not because Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart all retired.
              Theyíve gotten even single target car wrong over the past few years,

2016 Standard
              2016 Showdown Win
              2016 Michigan Win
              2017 Standard
              2017 Auto Club
              and then from what theyve said 2017 Michigan II & Richmond as well

Iím not sure why this scheme is so very difficult and impossible for them, I bet they are glad target is leaving so they donít have to worry about it anymore hell there was never a single accurate 2016 made, and then only accurate 2017 made was the 1/64 NASCAR autnethics version, however that worked
              Last edited by Jlogano22; 11-27-2017, 02:13 PM.
              Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• As a Larson fan and collector of diecast, it's infuriating that they can't get it right for a race win! I've seen them replicate far more complex schemes with ease, yet a simple fade is seemingly impossible?!? I'll get it because I get every Larson ARC release, but I'm not in a rush to get it. Hopefully they don't manage to screw up his new scheme. And what makes it worse is as Jlogano22 pointed out, they got it right on the NASCAR Authentics car this year! Even a prototype they gave away at GoPro Motorplex for a raffle in 2016 had the correct fade, so how they managed to screw that up between prototype and production is one of the bigger diecast mysteries out there...
                Kyle Larson races in NASCAR, not in F1.

Comment

• On a very positive front; Greenlight has released an image of their new Dallara IR18

Really like what I see. I'm hoping for a couple of things; one is a high downforce (Roadies/Short Ovals) version, and two a move into 1:24 scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantdrive55 View Post
                    On a very positive front; Greenlight has released an image of their new Dallara IR18

Really like what I see. I'm hoping for a couple of things; one is a high downforce (Roadies/Short Ovals) version, and two a move into 1:24 scale.
                    I just don't like how the 1:18 stick out in my collection, but I'd like to get some IndyCars in my collection if they were 1:24.
                    Kyle Larson races in NASCAR, not in F1.

Comment

• Dale Jr:

Regan Smith:

Chase Elliott:

Kevin Harvick:

And got this awesome signed card included in an order by Plan B Sales:

"I don't want to become famous because I had a big wreck..." - Michael McDowell.

Comment

• Upgrade received today. Note when compared to my Milestone Development 1/16th scale car how puny it looks. LOL!
                        ​​​​​​
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20171201_180021.jpg
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	1507585Click image for larger version

Name:	20171201_175935.jpg
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	1507586Click image for larger version

Name:	20171201_180129.jpg
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	1507587

http://webpages.charter.net/moparbob/2013%20Charger2.jpg
                        Always been MoPAR
                        TELL IT TO THE MARINES

Comment

• Well been a busy month between preorders, Black Friday deals, and other eBay steals

The metallic green on this car is just fantastic, if they continue to use metallic colors like this and the dew sa, they will continue to make some beautiful schemes that I will get the Diecast of

2017 Dale Earnhardt Jr #88 Mtn Dew Chevy 1/24 ARC

This car is one perfect final ride, had to pick one up when kstate had it for $52, also was surprised to find out that the white logos on this car are a metallic pearl white and even the red has like a metal flake/sparkling look to it, itís not metallic but if you shine a flashlight on the red you can see that thereís some sort of metal flake in it.....itís weird

2017 Dale Earnhardt Jr #88 Axalta Final Ride Chevy 1/24 ARC

This was the type of car that when it was first revealed I had zero interest in it, but once I heard that itís actually a metallic ďgallantĒ dark grey and not just a plain black, in person the color looks fantastic, I tried to get a picture of it

2017 William Byron #9 Axalta Chevy 1/24 Autographed ARC

This is one Bubba Wallace car I never got around to getting and for some reason got rare, itís really a nice car, tons of details with the paint splatter in the paint scheme, now I just need to find the two Bubba promos Diecast that exist

2016 Bubba Wallace #6 Roush Performance Ford 1/24 ARC

This is one fantastic paint scheme, the bright colors mixed with the matte finish makes for a beautiful combination, itís always fun to get a Promo Diecast like this,

2017 Kyle Busch NOS Rowdy Toyota 1/24 Promo ARC

I love that KBM actually got their trucks made on their own as promo Diecast this year, honestly could never really like bell, but I found myself rooting for noah at Martinsville this year,

2017 Noah Gragson #18 Switch Toyota Tundra 1/24 Promo ARC

Pretty much the only 2014 Kyle Busch Scheme I actually like, never like the mess of a Primary design they used that year,,

2014 Kyle Busch #18 M&Ms 1 in 100 Peanuts Toyota 1/24 ARC

This one has always been my favorite kyle patriotic M&M car, the summer party theme they did really sets it apart, finally was able to get one for a good price,

2008 Kyle Busch #18 M&Ms RWB Summer Fun Toyota 1/24 ARC

Since this scheme won Watkins Glen Iíve always wanted one but just never got around to getting it, itís a very satisfying neon in person,

2003 Robby Gordon #31 Cingular/FDNY Chevy 1/24 ARC

One of the best looking target special schemes, and hey it was back when target Diecast were decently accurate lol

2014 Kyle Larson #42 Target Camo Chevy 1/24 ARC

A couple of Darlington Throwbacks Iíve wanted for a while, even if the Almirola is kinda inaccurate on a few different things,

2017 Brad Keselowski #2 Miller Genuine Draft Darlington Throwback Ford 1/24 ARC

2015 Aric Almirola #43 STP Darlington Throwback Ford 1/24 ARC

Joey Logano in real life

Comment

• Some pre-Holiday season adds

Cale Yarborough 1976 Holly Farms Chevy Laguna

Benny Parsons 1976 Kings Row Chevy Laguna

Dale Jarrett 1990 Nestle Crunch Pontiac

Jeff Gordon 2001 DuPont Chevy Las Vegas Raced Win

Tony Stewart 2005 Mr Clean Chevy Daytona Raced Win

Comment

• 1997 Jeff Gordon Daytona 500 Raced Win

Comment

• If anyone has one of the Cindric/Briscoe trucks that they wouldn't mind selling to me, I'm in need of 1+ in a big way for a holiday custom order
                                @cpk_diecast

Comment

Working...
                                X