No announcement yet.

Is it time to scale back the site?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as I'm a paint scheme moderator, I feel obliged to throw in my two cents:

1) I agree with Sconnie regarding the NHRA paint schemes section. The fact is that there simply isn't that big enough of a community for drag racing here to justify a full forum. If anything should be on the chopping block, this is it. A thread or two in the Random Paint Schemes section should be satisfactory. Which leads me to....

2) The Random Paint Scheme Discussion and All Other Motorsports sections. I might be in the minority, but I feel like these could be merged into one forum. Currently, the type of topics posted in those sections could, logically, fit in either forum when you think about it.

3) The F1 forum. If this is a matter of cutting down on sub-forums, then, rather than taking down F1 entirely, that section could be re-structured to have sub-forums by decade (1990s, 2000s, 2010s, etc.). The yearly team charts that already exists, or will eventually exist, can act as a directory which can take you to the individual team threads. (ie. if you want to see the 2019 Ferrari page, go to 2010s sub-forum --> 2019 Team Chart --> click the Ferrari hotlink in that chart). All of that decade's team chart threads will be stickied to the top for easy access.
    Last edited by Paul8; 05-24-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Paint schemes take up most of the site and make the database so large we cannot make any modifications without a VPS package. Been running about $500 a year.

If you guy want to do donations again to keep the site I have until August 9th to renew. My Paypal is webmaster@rubbins-racin.com
      Stupidity was meant to be painful!

Comment

now a month away from the renew period, any update on how much is still needed?

Comment

I haven't seen any interest in keeping the site going. If anyone is interested in donating like last year I'll we can continue it another year. If not I'll look at what has to be scaled back to continue.

Comment

I just threw you some dough $

Comment

Received. Only thing I have seen thus far only about $400 and change to go if y'all are interested in maintaining the site as is.

Comment

I think this forum is still very useful, even if the activity has been down some. The Paints Scheme section is probably the best collection of NASCAR schemes anywhere, it would be a massive shame to lose that.

Comment

Working...
                X