Racing Champions diecast blog~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Champions diecast blog~

I just finished up a new post on Dale Fischlein's #71 Safelite Auto Glass Chevrolet, plus bonus car~ Thanks for checking it out, and sharing with your friends~
    History of Dale Fischlein's time in the #71 Safelite Auto Glass Chevrolet ARCA Series plus bonus car of Dick Johnson's #38 RedKote Steel Tubing Chevrolet~

Holy damn! Where to start here?

As a kid I grew up going to the weekly races at Dubuque, and Dave Marcis is my all time favorite driver. The guy was a legend at the local track, and I loved seeing him randomly race in a Marcis ride or Adrian Carriers sponsored car. I love that you wrote that, so thank you for bringing him up.

I have never seen that 1/64, and I own every Marcis diecast ever produced. I need to add this to my Ebay search, because I absolutely need to have this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sconnie View Post
      Holy damn! Where to start here?

As a kid I grew up going to the weekly races at Dubuque, and Dave Marcis is my all time favorite driver. The guy was a legend at the local track, and I loved seeing him randomly race in a Marcis ride or Adrian Carriers sponsored car. I love that you wrote that, so thank you for bringing him up.

I have never seen that 1/64, and I own every Marcis diecast ever produced. I need to add this to my Ebay search, because I absolutely need to have this.
      Good luck on your quest for finding this one~ There were only 2,000 made.. and though that might seem like a lot, it seems kids got a hold of most of these, or collectors have them all and won't sell them~ It's one of the hardest Racing Champions cars to find, along with the Greg Sacks Slim Fast car~ If you type in "Dave Marcis PSA" on Ebay, there is/was a very nice key ring from when he was in the PSA~ I think it was only 18 bucks~ I wanted to buy it, but am in a bind financially at the moment and can't afford 18 cents, much less dollars~

If you are a Marcis fan, I think it would be a must have for your Marcis collection~ I was always a HUGE fan of his, and met him numerous times~ He was always super awesome to me and my family, and I cheered him on for many years~ That's awesome you got to see Fischlein race at Dubuque!~ I never got to see him race there, but judging by his stats the guy was a beast there~ I really miss old time local racing~ There are still some tracks that I visit locally, but the vibe from back in the day is just incomparable~ I crave those days, and that's why I started writing the blog~ My love for old time racing and Racing Champions diecast will never die, though I'm not big on the current product NASCAR is forcing down our throats - I still watch it for nostalgia, and pull for Derrike Cope or Shepherd~ haha~

I'm glad you enjoyed the Fischlein post!~ It took me a good while to gather up enough pictures and information to get it completed, but I really had fun working on it, and I'm glad people get to know of him (perhaps for the first time in some cases) again, and get his name back out into the NASCAR world~ I try to get a post out once a week, but occasionally I'll have to miss a week or two here and there~ I'll try and post in this thread whenever a new post is up to keep people from having to check if a new one is up or not~ If there's any drivers/cars you'd like me to do a post on, or make a custom of just let me know here, and I'll do what I can to make that happen~

- BMJ~

Comment

I have an obscure custom idea for you, as I made one myself of this car. Another local Dubuque and Farley standout, Steve Boley, made a few random starts in the 90s in the Busch series, and there is an easy 1/64 to mock up. You get the Sterling Marlin #10 Maxwell House BGN 1/64 and remove the Maxwell House sponsorship with acetone and you have a great replica of the car Boley raced at Hickory in 1992.

Go 1:12 into this clip and there is a clear shot of the car as he spun to bring out a caution!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPSO_eJbI44

Also, you mention the Marcis PDA key chain - I have two of them

Comment

Originally posted by Sconnie View Post
          I have an obscure custom idea for you, as I made one myself of this car. Another local Dubuque and Farley standout, Steve Boley, made a few random starts in the 90s in the Busch series, and there is an easy 1/64 to mock up. You get the Sterling Marlin #10 Maxwell House BGN 1/64 and remove the Maxwell House sponsorship with acetone and you have a great replica of the car Boley raced at Hickory in 1992.

Go 1:12 into this clip and there is a clear shot of the car as he spun to bring out a caution!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPSO_eJbI44

Also, you mention the Marcis PDA key chain - I have two of them
          Awesome~ I can do that car pretty easily, and I already have the Marlin car~ Never heard of Boley, but he's worth resurrecting~ I love obscure NASCAR drivers/schemes~ I'll have him featured in a "bonus car" segment on the blog soon~ Thanks for the idea~ I make all of my customs on Photoshop, so they're not physical copies, but I'm not talented enough for that~ My hands are too big and fidgety for the small detailing work required to build a real custom~ That's awesome that you have the Marcis key chain already~ I thought it was really neat when I saw it on Ebay~ Would be cool to have the whole set, but if I could only have one, I'd want the Marcis one myself~ I loved his #30 car~

Comment

Hello again everyone~ I've just finished a new post on Mike Olsen's #61 Little Trees Pontiac, plus bonus car~ Thanks for checking it out, and sharing the post on social media~
            History of Mike Olsen's time in the #61 Little Trees Pontiac, and a bonus of Kelly Denton's #75 Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce Ford~

Comment

Hello everyone~ I finally finished a new blog post, and it's on Dave Marcis' #30 Dodge Daytona, and the bonus car is Jake Raudabaugh's #63 SqueezIt Chevrolet~ Thanks for checking it out, and I hope you all have an awesome Independence day!~
              History of Dave Marcis' time in the #30 Dodge Daytona, as well as a bonus post on Jake Raudabaugh's #63 SqueezIt Chevrolet from the Busch East / K&N Pro Series~

Comment

Finally got a new post up on the blog~ This one is on James Hylton's #48 Ford Talladega Torino Cobra, plus bonus car of Butch Leitzinger #03 Bobcat Chevrolet~ Thanks for peepin' at it~
                History of James Hylton's time in the #48 Ford Talladega Torino Cobra from the 1970 Grand National season, as well as a bonus post featuring Butch Leitzinger's #03 Bobcat Chevtrolet from his Winston Cup debut at Watkins Glen in 1994~

Comment

New post on Max Dumesny's #5 Crane Cams/Landrigan's Earthmoving Pontiac, plus bonus car~ Thanks for viewing/sharing this post~
                  History of Max Dumesny's time in the #5 Crane Cams / Landrigan's Earthmoving Pontiac from the Australian NASCAR series, along with a bonus car post on Robbie Stanley's #62 Linville Racing Chevrolet~

Comment

New post on Davey Allison's #1 Lancaster Tobacco Chevrolet, plus bonus car~ Thanks for checking out this post~
                    History of Davey Allison's time in the #1 Lancaster Tobacco Chevrolet, from the 1985 Winston Cup season, along with a bonus post on Rick Wilson's #27 Indianapolis Colts Ford, driven in the 1997 Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis~

Comment

New post on Neil Bonnett's #31 Mom 'n' Pops/Goodwrench Chevrolet, plus bonus car~
                      History of Neil Bonnett's time in the #31 Mom 'n' Pops / Goodwrench Chevrolet, as well as a bonus post featuring the Diggity Dave #14 Dekalb Corn Ford fantasy car~

Comment

New post on Joe Bessey's #9 Auto Palace/AC-Delco Pontiac, plus a bonus post on Rick Mast's #2 Alka-Seltzer Pontiac~ Thanks for viewing/sharing this post~
                        History of Joe Bessey's time in the #9 Auto Palace/AC-Delco Pontiac, along with a bonus post featuring Rick Mast's #2 Alka-Seltzer Pontiac~

Comment

Working...
                        X