Forum Footer Advertisment

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

RuRa is alive for another year.

Thanks to those below for their donations. Next years hosting bill is paid. RuRa is going to have it's 20th birthday!

Google Adsense is no longer viable to pay our web hosting bill. For about a year the earning of advertising has been cut by more than half while the traffic and page views has barely changed. This being said our next web hosing bill is due August 9th. We will need nearly $500 to keep the site alive for another year. We are running close to needing to upgrade our space again, at that time we will be looking at an additional $10 a month for additional space. I don't expect we will need this for another 6 months or so.

I welcome anyone that wishes to keep the forum alive in it's current form to donate to the forum. My Paypal is webmaster@rubbins-racin.com .

$160 ~ VADER
$100 ~ nascarartist20
$100 ~ Slumerican
$50 ~ Tyler97
$25 ~ burtonbraves
$25 ~ Stevie Richards
$20 ~ IFRT-c_crisp26
$20 ~ Jetsplaya97
$20 ~ binkerbo
See more
See less

ARCA 2 - late 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCA 2 - late 2010

Looks like they are going to be using the new rFactor2 engine, Trucks and Car of Tomorrow
    I don't really like the "A yearly subscription" deal, but I don't need to buy it if I don't want too
    http://thesimfactory.com/main/

Version two of ASR is currently in development as well as finalizing additional content for v1. Version 2, which we are looking at a late 2010 release, is going to be based on the new GMotor engine and with new graphics features, ruling changes, a new front-end system as well as added content and other updates. The Sim Factory Professional Stock Car Software is moving to a slightly new structure to accomodate more content, such as the Car of Tomorrow and well as the Camping World Truck Series vehicles. These new vehicles will be licensed by their respective manufacturers and again developed the only way we know how, by use of real world data and working hand-in-hand with industry professionals.

Our new subscription structure will not be run on a monthly basis, instead it will cost only $54.99 per year and will provide us the ability to develop product and content updates far faster then we currently can. This structure will also allow us to provide a far more intense and populated lobby of races. It will also allow us to focus on the Sanctioned Online Series that we are so excited to roll out as well as helping leagues develop into what we all know the online stock car community can provide. Our goal is not to monopolize our community but yet to provide a stronger and more energetic one. A yearly subscription will provide any and all updates or content add-ons done throughout that year as well as any new features to the engine.

With our first title we have paved great ground in the development of better and more realistic physics and a more viable training solution for real drivers and teams than our competitors. Our continued goals are to provide the most realistic software available to the professional stock car industry as well as a more content rich experience to the sim racing entusiast and our core base, the league racer.

We are currently working to provide the COT, CW Trucks and ARCA vehicles with added tracks as well as many other great features. The Nationwide chassis is also something we are looking to simulate. After that expect us to move into the realm of dirt stock cars and late models until we encompass everything stock car related and with the ultimate in realism. Check back for more information as we move into a new generation of stock car racing online.
    "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Re: ARCA 2 - late 2010

I don't agree with subscriptions either. That is why I don't have iRacing and probably won't touch this one. I won't gripe and moan in every other post like some currently do with iRacing..... I just won't separate my money from my checking account to have it.
    Stupidity was meant to be painful!

Comment

After there first attempt at releasing a game, i don't think I'll bother with this one.
      @ChrisOwens62

Comment

I like the concept, paying a $50ish yearly subscription is no different than paying $50 a year for nr2002 2003 etc. if they ever give me the entire game that i have already paid for i will gladly give their 2nd attempt a try.

Comment

Shouldn't the first version be complete first before releasing a new one?

Comment

GPS SCANNED TRACKS > LASER SCANNED TRACKS!!!

I had to edit the pictures since they updated it.
            @ChrisOwens62

Comment

Originally posted by S_Gibson
              I don't agree with subscriptions either. That is why I don't have iRacing and probably won't touch this one. I won't gripe and moan in every other post like some currently do with iRacing..... I just won't separate my money from my checking account to have it.
              Same.
              R.I.P Papaw

Comment

Originally posted by P_Fogel

Same goes with any game out there. But you shouldn't skip on new technology because the first sim wasn't 100%. No sim ever was 100% complete.
                http://www.simcargrafx.com/downloads/edavis/KHUB.jpg

"Today's military rejects include tomorrow's hard-core unemployed." - John F. Kennedy

Comment

Subscriptions...missed deadlines...whatever.

My question is WHY is a company releasing a sim named "ARCA" Sim Racing worried about FIRST putting out NASCAR-type vehicles? I don't know how popular the Lincoln Welder trucks would be, but you KNOW asphalt Late Models would be. Those are divisions that ARCA runs; not COTs or fullblown trucks. I know iRacing has Late Models as well, but those are based on the full-parameter chassis if I remember correctly with less horsepower. Plus, only one body. Why not give people something different? Dirt stuff (IMCA-type mods, Street Stocks, Late Models) or their asphalt counterparts would get me VERY interested. A 600 horsepower, offset chassis SUPER Late Model would rock!!!!! Good luck TSF. I'll wait to see what's offered. Not jumping on board as quickly as the last time.
                  I like: Fast cars, loud music and pretty women. OR, is that loud cars, pretty music and fast women? Can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by UGA24
                    Originally posted by P_Fogel

Same goes with any game out there. But you shouldn't skip on new technology because the first sim wasn't 100%. No sim ever was 100% complete.
                    But before you can go release another product, the first one should be complete with all the tracks from said year and car bodies...
                    @ChrisOwens62

Comment

Originally posted by RacerRon13

My question is WHY is a company releasing a sim named "ARCA" Sim Racing worried about FIRST putting out NASCAR-type vehicles? I don't know how popular the Lincoln Welder trucks would be, but you KNOW asphalt Late Models would be. Those are divisions that ARCA runs; not COTs or fullblown trucks. I know iRacing has Late Models as well, but those are based on the full-parameter chassis if I remember correctly with less horsepower. Plus, only one body. Why not give people something different? Dirt stuff (IMCA-type mods, Street Stocks, Late Models) or their asphalt counterparts would get me VERY interested. A 600 horsepower, offset chassis SUPER Late Model would rock!!!!! Good luck TSF. I'll wait to see what's offered. Not jumping on board as quickly as the last time.

Yup. Someone needs to come up with the REAL late models. Not those bricks they run in UARA. Can have 2 divisions as well, Pro and Super. Creates the ability to run the big races like Winchester, Snowball, Snowflake, World Crown, Speedfest, Speedweeks, North-South Shootout, and all of the Blizzard/Gulf races. It would be huge if we could do that. But I think what the thought process is, is what divisions are KNOWN to sell, and that is the Nascar divisions. But I agree, if they made the off-set chassis late models, it would be huge.

"Today's military rejects include tomorrow's hard-core unemployed." - John F. Kennedy

Comment

Not those bricks they run in UARA.
                        Lulz Elliott your so full of yourself with that statement. LMSC's put on some of the best racing in the country.
                        @ChrisOwens62

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Owens

Not those bricks they run in UARA.
                          Lulz Elliott your so full of yourself with that statement. LMSC's put on some of the best racing in the country.
                          I didn't say they didn't sometimes put on good races, but its hard to argue that they're bricks. 3400lb and 390HP.

Comment

Wow...they're trying to copy iRacing with the subscriptions. Awesome, people can either pay 2 subscriptions or choose which one they want, great idea!

Gay.
                            Sorry, this post does not include a safe space.

Comment

It's the future. (Subscription based that is)

People will find out that the days of going to Wally World, buying a disk and playing it for 5-10 years is pretty much over. You gotta go with the times, man.

Now, people will just have to figure out which one they want to run.
                              Ozark CCW ~ Protect yourself, don't be a victim.
                              An armed society is a polite society.

Comment

Working...
                              X