NASCAR 15' game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR 15' game

NASCAR 15 game to be released in May:*Retailer GameStop and developer Dusenberry Martin Racing announced Friday that professional racing game NASCAR 15 is in development and will launch in just over a month, on May 22, 2015. The disc-based Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will be released exclusively at GameStop, though digital versions versions will be available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. Meanwhile, a digital PC version will launch on Steam. NASCAR 15 is the first entry in the series since the NASCAR video game rights switched hands from Eutechnyx to Dusenberry Martin Racing, a subsidiary of DMi Games. It's described as more of an update than a new game, and will cost just $20. It features new 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cut Series paint schemes, and also includes a career mode and numerous teams and tracks, as well as "enhanced online mulitplayer and leagues." (GameSpot)(4-11-2015)

Originally posted by zbackster44 View Post
    It's described as more of an update than a new game(GameSpot)(4-11-2015)
    I just stopped reading.

Comment

I saw multiple blank cars in both of the trailers. This game is being made pretty much just to tide people over until they're able to put out a brand new game next year.

Comment

NASCAR fans have already proven they will buy a broken game time and time again. They won't fix it, but they'll still get their money.
        "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
          NASCAR fans have already proven they will buy a broken game time and time again. They won't fix it, but they'll still get their money.
          Correction: Kids moderately interested in NASCAR will buy their broken games. I don't know any real NASCAR fans that have bought the last few games from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacyofthe24 View Post
            Correction: Kids moderately interested in NASCAR will buy their broken games. I don't know any real NASCAR fans that have bought the last few games from them.
            Really? I remember a couple people here thought '14 was good. Anyone will buy this garbage.

Also they probably didn't even think it was worth at least porting it to X1 or PS4....what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by David24 View Post
              Really? I remember a couple people here thought '14 was good. Anyone will buy this garbage.

Also they probably didn't even think it was worth at least porting it to X1 or PS4....what a joke
              I mean maybe there was but I don't know what was to like about it. I bought the first 2 and tried to give them a fair shot but it's terrible. Unless that new game blows everyone away, which probably won't, I'll never buy another NASCAR game again. I'm waiting for that dirt racing game.

Comment

Originally posted by nwt0 View Post
                I saw multiple blank cars in both of the trailers. This game is being made pretty much just to tide people over until they're able to put out a brand new game next year.
                Probably placeholders
                2014 PTRW - 2 wins, 62nd in final standings

Comment

Originally posted by RedLineRacing4 View Post
                  Probably placeholders
                  Yeah, I guess that's plausible.

Comment

Sometimes I think folks are waiting for NR2003 V2.0 with all the bells and whistles that are actually community based creations. No game maker has had the insight to create what we already have, for good and then again not so clear reasons. There is no money involved in what we have. They can't make user based modding pay them, so they don't open the code to the users to make their products better.

Many people buy these less than wonderful new games hoping, that maybe it could be something great, like what happened with NR2003. But I'm sorry say, it won' happen again. Looking back I'm sure they wouldn't have let this happen as it did to NR2003 if they could change things.

Comment

That's one way to sell it. 'It's just an update.' However, for twenty bucks, eh. Might give it a shot. Didn't get '14 so...but even that I feel I'm not really missing anything between that and 'Nascar: THE GAME.'
                      JKP: It either stands for 'James K. Polk' or "Just Kidding, People."

Comment

I don't know, I've enjoyed each game even with the frustrations. People just expect so much because older games were way more fun. I'm in a good league still on '14 that I've been racing with since 2012, and we get consistently good racing even with the lag, bubbles, and other random issues. I'm more interested to see what the setup updates are and if they effect my current setups, because the lack of change from 2014 to 2015 so far has been pretty boring as far as change.

Comment

I may buy it if it's not a completely broken mess. Guess I'm not a real fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Legacyofthe24 View Post
                            Trust me, I know plenty of "average fan types" that play them. One of them even ran in a League in the game and was really, really serious about it.
                            "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Even if it is "just an update" it's still a full game and at $20 bucks i'm sure they will sell a good amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X