Cities: Skylines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities: Skylines

Just stumbled upon this a few days ago.. it looks like everything SimCity was supposed to be from the start.

Release date is March 10, 2015. It's only $30 on Steam which isn't too unreasonable.
    Twitter
    Website

I've been following this game for a few months now. For a small team, it's looking like it's going to be a pretty impressive game. For certain it's going to have a lot of support from the modding community, and plot sizes are generous. I'd say this is the proper city building game.
    JKP: It either stands for 'James K. Polk' or "Just Kidding, People."

Comment

Originally posted by Bacs View Post
      I've been following this game for a few months now. For a small team, it's looking like it's going to be a pretty impressive game. For certain it's going to have a lot of support from the modding community, and plot sizes are generous. I'd say this is the proper city building game.
      I just stumbled upon it a few weeks ago. I'm pre-ordering it within the next few hours for launch day. Completely hyped for this game.

You're completely right about the small developer thing -- I always support small studios like this.
      Twitter
      Website

Comment

I bought this game a week and a half ago. Already have over 40 hours played. It's all I think about. I am building highways in my sleep. Please send help.

Comment

I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I tried to launch it on my older computer, but, as I assumed would happen, it wouldn't work. When I have some good free time, I'll install it to my newer PC.

Comment

I've really started to enjoy this game. It's a really well done game, especially for such a small studio. I wish they'd fix the road building, though, to make it easier to build perfectly straight roads.
            Twitter
            Website

Comment

I'll be the one to resurrect this thread.

Got this awhile back but only really started playing it a few months ago. I am hooked. Everything the new SimCity should've been and more. Looking forward to the new snow DLC coming out.

Anyone else still farting around with this?
              Last edited by nick_silver; 02-17-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I am from time to time. My primary city has a major traffic congestion problem that I can't seem to solve. They only use one off-ramp for the main industrial part, no matter how many different ways I try constructing things. Frustrating.

The Paul Menard Empire - Website | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Phathead View Post
                  I am from time to time. My primary city has a major traffic congestion problem that I can't seem to solve. They only use one off-ramp for the main industrial part, no matter how many different ways I try constructing things. Frustrating.
                  Traffic is killing me too.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_silver View Post
                    Traffic is killing me too.
                    I've created a new city with unlimited money so I can experiment solely with this. I'm fine with traffic everywhere else, I just can't figure out that part.

Comment

I've been pranking with it on and off for a couple of months. I'm not getting bored of it so much as I just don't have the time for it. Traffic is killing me too. I've tried reworking some roads and widening but cars insistence on maintaining one lane screws it up. Only way I've found to solve this is by expanding the city, which leaves a ton of unused businesses until the population catches up.

Comment

I've been wondering if it's a bug in the game itself personally

Comment

Heard today that this game is coming to the Xbox One and Windows 10's store. Looking forward to playing in on my console, although it may be a bit weird using a controller for it.
                          Twitter
                          Website

Comment

Working...
                          X