X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donnyh83
    started a topic NASCAR Heat 2

NASCAR Heat 2

NASCAR Heat 2 has been announced by 704 Games, release date is September 12, 2017.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/...-nascar-heat-2
    Last edited by donnyh83; 05-17-2017, 12:51 AM.

• ElvisOnFire
    replied
    Originally posted by WINNERS_CIRCLE24 View Post

They are.
    Well dang, went ahead and bought it lol. They sent one to use so the bossman is giving it to his kids. They were handing them out like candy at the drivers meeting last year but it didn't happen (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Speed7Energy
    replied
    There are 32 different trucks in the game, not including your custom made truck. Sometimes the career races will have 31, sometimes 32, my friend did a race with 29. They are aware of the cautions, and are working on fixing it. As for holding that real low bottom line, I do notice that sometimes. I am sure that is also something they can fix.

Leave a comment:

• Jetsplaya97
    replied
    So I bought the game, a few things I've seen that seem weird to me. 1) Only 31 trucks in career mode races (Norm Benning is the one missing). 2) Cautions really don't happen, you could be wrecking with three other people and one wouldn't come out. 3) The AI's seem to always stay in a single file line and take the lowest line down the backstretch like they're racing at Talladega. Anyone else getting these or is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• Legacyofthe24
    replied
    Originally posted by nascarartist20 View Post

Lol no. I do use the triggers for gas and brake, which is why shifting with LB and RB messes up my throttle and brake control. Shifting with my thumb allows me to control the pressure on the triggers better.
    Yeah see, I've grown so accustomed to using my middle fingers for the gas and brake then using my indexs for the up and downshift. It took me a while to learn how to b/c I went from a PS controller to a Xbox controller back in '08. I feel like a Xbox controller fits my hand positions better b/c its tighter package overall. Again, different strokes for different folks.

Leave a comment:

• WINNERS_CIRCLE24
    replied
    Originally posted by Jetsplaya97 View Post
    Is the career mode any good for this game? I'm in the edge of buying it?
    If you want to check it out I have a lot of career mode videos I am uploading daily for a few weeks until I finish the career mode. https://www.youtube.com/user/imJustTheGOAT/videos

Leave a comment:

• nick_silver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jetsplaya97 View Post
    Better than last year but not by much. And considering last year's was practically nothing...

Leave a comment:

• Jetsplaya97
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nascarartist20
    replied
    Originally posted by Legacyofthe24 View Post

Yeah I got ya. I guess it's all in what you're used to. It would drive me crazy to have to shift with my thumb instead of my index fingers. Do you still the triggers for gas and brake or do you use A for gas and another button for brake?
    Lol no. I do use the triggers for gas and brake, which is why shifting with LB and RB messes up my throttle and brake control. Shifting with my thumb allows me to control the pressure on the triggers better.

Leave a comment:

• Legacyofthe24
    replied

I've always used X for down and B for up. I don't bother with the clutch unless I'm using a wheel. The transmissions they use these days don't even require the clutch most of the time. I'm not saying you're wrong to use that configuration. It's just that these Nascar games are the only ones I've seen set up that way. To not have a custom controller configuration built in is pretty mindless, literally every other game I've played does, racing or not. I shouldn't have to reassign the buttons through the xbox itself every time I want to play. I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're playing 3 to 4 different racing games at any given time, it helps to have similar button layouts. It's the little things, ya know?
    Yeah I got ya. I guess it's all in what you're used to. It would drive me crazy to have to shift with my thumb instead of my index fingers. Do you still the triggers for gas and brake or do you use A for gas and another button for brake?

Leave a comment:

• nascarartist20
    replied
    Originally posted by Legacyofthe24 View Post

What other buttons would you use? Unless you use your index fingers for the triggers, LB and RB are the perfect buttons for upshift and downshift plus A for clutch.
    I've always used X for down and B for up. I don't bother with the clutch unless I'm using a wheel. The transmissions they use these days don't even require the clutch most of the time. I'm not saying you're wrong to use that configuration. It's just that these Nascar games are the only ones I've seen set up that way. To not have a custom controller configuration built in is pretty mindless, literally every other game I've played does, racing or not. I shouldn't have to reassign the buttons through the xbox itself every time I want to play. I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're playing 3 to 4 different racing games at any given time, it helps to have similar button layouts. It's the little things, ya know?

Leave a comment:

• Legacyofthe24
    replied
    I still for the life of me don't understand why they still won't let us change the controller configuration. I've NEVER played a game that didn't allow it. I can't properly shift gears using LB and RB if I'm using the triggers for gas and brake. Who at 704 Games thought that was a good idea to begin with? I'm not even complaining about the game play. It's fine. The cars are finally drivable. But I'm stuck using an automatic transmission whenever I'm not using a wheel it looks like.
    What other buttons would you use? Unless you use your index fingers for the triggers, LB and RB are the perfect buttons for upshift and downshift plus A for clutch.

Leave a comment:

• WINNERS_CIRCLE24
    replied
    Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
    Just hoping they're giving out copies to teams like with the last game
    They are.

Leave a comment:

• -Talon-
    replied
    I just wanna know why I ALWAYS come out last on caution pitstops. same thing last year. under green, all is fine, but I know when a caution come's out, and we need to pit, I'm screwed

Leave a comment:

• Richard Hammond
    replied
    Welp, same problems as last year, really. Real lack of depth in the sound Dept, and it's built on the Unity engine still.

Don't see myself playing this very long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X