NASCAR Heat 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nascarartist20 View Post

Lol no. I do use the triggers for gas and brake, which is why shifting with LB and RB messes up my throttle and brake control. Shifting with my thumb allows me to control the pressure on the triggers better.
    Yeah see, I've grown so accustomed to using my middle fingers for the gas and brake then using my indexs for the up and downshift. It took me a while to learn how to b/c I went from a PS controller to a Xbox controller back in '08. I feel like a Xbox controller fits my hand positions better b/c its tighter package overall. Again, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

So I bought the game, a few things I've seen that seem weird to me. 1) Only 31 trucks in career mode races (Norm Benning is the one missing). 2) Cautions really don't happen, you could be wrecking with three other people and one wouldn't come out. 3) The AI's seem to always stay in a single file line and take the lowest line down the backstretch like they're racing at Talladega. Anyone else getting these or is it just me?
      Fan of Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto & Ryan Ellis.

West Virginia Mountaineers and New York Jets Fan.

Comment

There are 32 different trucks in the game, not including your custom made truck. Sometimes the career races will have 31, sometimes 32, my friend did a race with 29. They are aware of the cautions, and are working on fixing it. As for holding that real low bottom line, I do notice that sometimes. I am sure that is also something they can fix.

Comment

Originally posted by WINNERS_CIRCLE24 View Post

They are.
          Well dang, went ahead and bought it lol. They sent one to use so the bossman is giving it to his kids. They were handing them out like candy at the drivers meeting last year but it didn't happen (yet).
          "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post

Well dang, went ahead and bought it lol. They sent one to use so the bossman is giving it to his kids. They were handing them out like candy at the drivers meeting last year but it didn't happen (yet).
            So, how do you like it? I seen you on, playing. Also, any clue as to why the 13 car is the only car in the game without the manufacturer logo on the rear bumper?

Comment

Probably because it's a direct scan of one of the Toyotas we ran at the begining of the year lol.

I'm enjoying it, loving the added depth. Already rage quit after a race lol. Was dominating in a Truck at Atlanta, pit strategy called for needing to pit with 5 to go. Of course I'm half a lap ahead of everyone getting ready to come in and the caution comes out. Ok, need fuel, 1 can and 2 tires.... AND LOSE 19 SPOTS ON PIT ROAD. And keep in mind that everyone pitted. Hopefully they get the player pit crew timings fixed because dang I had that win in the bag lol. Starting 19th with a GWC freaking sucks after you've dominated a race.
              "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisOnFire View Post
                Probably because it's a direct scan of one of the Toyotas we ran at the begining of the year lol.

I'm enjoying it, loving the added depth. Already rage quit after a race lol. Was dominating in a Truck at Atlanta, pit strategy called for needing to pit with 5 to go. Of course I'm half a lap ahead of everyone getting ready to come in and the caution comes out. Ok, need fuel, 1 can and 2 tires.... AND LOSE 19 SPOTS ON PIT ROAD. And keep in mind that everyone pitted. Hopefully they get the player pit crew timings fixed because dang I had that win in the bag lol. Starting 19th with a GWC freaking sucks after you've dominated a race.
                What a quality Truex Jr. Simulator!

Comment

I've decided not to buy it. I might pick it up if it goes on sale for cheap, but I'm still not sold on it. However, it sounds like they are heading in the right direction. I think they might get it right next year with Heat 3 (if they make one).
                  PTRW Debut: 2010 Daytona 500 (Jamie McMurray - 1st).
                  PTRW Best Final Standing: 23rd (2012).
                  PTRW Winning Driver Picks: 11.
                  The 1st PTRW Season Opener 3-consecutive Race Winner Picker (2012).

Comment

Originally posted by Bacs View Post
                    I've decided not to buy it. I might pick it up if it goes on sale for cheap, but I'm still not sold on it. However, it sounds like they are heading in the right direction. I think they might get it right next year with Heat 3 (if they make one).
                    I just got it and I feel like it's pretty plain, so yeah you're probably better off doing that. They could do so much more. Like bring back autograph sessions, make it more dynamic. They could give the driver missions as far as sponsor obligations, events, etc. I also miss being able to unlock stuff when you complete a challenge. As it stands right now you just get speed rating points as far as I know.

Comment

• I bought the last one, but I'm going to pass on this one given how the reviews have been. I wanted to love/support this game but sadly, it just didn't live up to the hype.
                      Twitter
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                        I bought the last one, but I'm going to pass on this one given how the reviews have been. I wanted to love/support this game but sadly, it just didn't live up to the hype.
                        What are you talking about? It's getting better reviews than Evolution. I've even thought about giving it a shot on PC and I've hated all the last NASCAR games. It's the closest I've seen a NASCAR game resemble anything from EA's time.

Comment

• I was not impressed with it in the slightest on PC and did a refund on Steam. I'll probably pick it up once it gets a decent discount for the PS4.

Comment

• Patch notes for patch 1.

http://nascarheat.com/2017/10/11/nascar-heat-2-patch-1/
                            RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
                            RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
                            Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
                            RIP Jason Leffler 1975-2013
                            War, war never changes.

Comment

• The first major patch is available for download on Xbox one.
                              RIP Granddad Tackel 11-18-1927 - 11-1-2013.
                              RIP Granddad Hodgkins 7-21-1932 - 2-23-2016
                              Xbox Live Gamertag : donnyh83
                              RIP Jason Leffler 1975-2013
                              War, war never changes.

Comment

• The patch moves Tommy Joe Martins to the #42 truck and Matt Mills from the 42 to the #44. It also changes the 8 and 78 Xfinity cars from Toyota to Chevrolet.

Comment

Working...
                                X