Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch

NINTENDO IS BACK BAYBEEEEEE

Literally everything I wanted from a console. Right here.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/domain-asse...com/banner.png

Yeah I'm not impressed at all. It's not my thing to wanna play games anywhere and everywhere.

Comment

I'm quite shocked at how much I'm attracted to it. Need to see specs and price before the final verdict, but so far very promising!

Comment

Coworker and I were joking how it's perfect for the small race team van.
        "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

I really like it. Any game I'm playing on the television, I can now take to bed.
          JKP: It either stands for 'James K. Polk' or "Just Kidding, People."

Comment

I had been considering buying a Wii U, but the Switch looks pretty great
            Originally posted by JR90
            I personally think NASCAR should have 16 winners per race. Declare a winner after every 40 laps or so. It will be EXCITING!
            Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
            Quiet him! Before Brian France catches wind!
            Shameless plug for my YouTube channel
            Shameless plug for my other YouTube channel

Comment

March 3rd. starting at $299, and up to 6 hours battery life out of the dock.

Comment

Car chief says he's getting one on day 1 for the West Coast drive lol, especially with the release of the new Zelda
                "Cheese is one of the four pillars of the world" - Eli Silverman

Comment

I put a preorder down as soon as I could. Knowing how Nintendo tends to allocate consoles and how scarce the NES Classic is, it's probably worth it.

Looking forward to it though. Everything they've released regarding info is exactly what I expected.

A lot of people I've talked to were expecting a PS4 crammed into a tablet with 500GB of memory, 10 first party launch titles, and a price of $250. Like seriously, it's Nintendo out of all companies, keep your expectations grounded.

I'm a bit weary of the online component and the subscription, but we'll see how it works out come the fall. I have no doubt in my mind that the games side of things will be fine, even if we were left with just first party titles again.

Comment

Does anyone know if the classic Mario games would be available for this? I haven't had Nintendo anything is a long time and am not very familiar. I couldn't find what I was looking for by searching.

I like the concept of the Switch, and even though I'd want to play new games I would want to play the classics, even if it meant buying them again.

Comment

Everything up to the N64 is available on Virtual Console for a reasonable price, and there's a rumor floating around that GameCube will land on the VC as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend $300 on a console just to play classics, as an emulator on your phone does just fine for that unless you're on the hunt for a more tactile experience.

Comment

The switch looks cool, but the online service sucks. For around $20 a month, you get online play (which doesn't even include voice chat, you have to use an app on your freaking phone for it) and you get 1 NES or SNES game for a month, and then after that month is over, you no longer have that classic game. It's such a bad deal
                        Originally posted by JR90
                        I personally think NASCAR should have 16 winners per race. Declare a winner after every 40 laps or so. It will be EXCITING!
                        Originally posted by ElvisOnFire
                        Quiet him! Before Brian France catches wind!
                        Shameless plug for my YouTube channel
                        Shameless plug for my other YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hammond View Post
                          Everything up to the N64 is available on Virtual Console for a reasonable price, and there's a rumor floating around that GameCube will land on the VC as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend $300 on a console just to play classics, as an emulator on your phone does just fine for that unless you're on the hunt for a more tactile experience.
                          I would still play the new games and use its new features, but if I couldn't play the classics I wouldn't get it. I know of emulators and stuff for the phone, but I simply don't want to use that.

Comment

If that's the case, the Switch will be perfect for you.

Might be difficult to find one if you haven't preordered though.

As for online, I don't see myself playing anything aside from Splatoon so I don't need a ton of online features as long as the price stays low.
                            Last edited by Richard Hammond; 02-22-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I wasn't looking to get it at launch anyhow. Maybe at the end of summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X