X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim 18
    started a topic tips on 3d studio max

tips on 3d studio max

just got 3dsmax 2013 edition, i've completely forgotten pretty much everything on using the program, aside from getting my paint scheme on the model, and rendering the scene. is there any place where i can find tips and tricks as far as adding a second, third, or more models and whatnot? definatly looking for some reference to get back into rendering a bit.

• Jim 18
    replied
    starting to have some fun with this! though my biggest issue is making sure the cars have a plane. i tried one scene, yeah it didn't work out so well. heh. went a little overboard, just playing around. pretty much all the car's i've painted thus far, at least for the chevy.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    here's a render i did yesterday, my 3 cars and a test car i painted up. now my next thing to learn is dealing with the plane and moving cars around. also would like to figure out how to merge the wheels/tires with the car, that way i can simply select the car i want, and everything moves.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    making progress. i'll tell ya, the new computer renders a LOT faster than my last one. dragging and dropping worked, rendered a couple shots but i don't have paint shop pro installed yet to resize and post.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    sounds good, will do. just reinstalled 3dsmax but still don't have any of my files, have to hook my old hard drive back up. one of those 'i'll get around to it even though i really want the stuff on it' things. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    If you need any help, drop me a PM. I'm learning myself right now, so maybe we can help each other out.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    hmmm... never thought of doing that, didn't know you could. lol. i'll give it a shot, just upgraded my computer so it'll probably be a few days. thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• 73 Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim 18 View Post
    i've figured out how to clone cars and whatnot, that's easy now. but if i clone a car, how i can i give it a different paint scheme compared to the original? even if i rename the car to something different, if i change one cars texture, both cars textures change.
    Try dragging and dropping on to one car and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    i've figured out how to clone cars and whatnot, that's easy now. but if i clone a car, how i can i give it a different paint scheme compared to the original? even if i rename the car to something different, if i change one cars texture, both cars textures change.

Leave a comment:

• 73 Racing
    replied
    Do you mean on two separate car models? For example, open the Material Editor (M key) and there should be two car models. Let's say they are named "Car 1" and "Car 2". You should click car one, browse to your car in "Bitmap Parameters" for both cars, and then render. Searched a bit, and this should help you, even though it only has one car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVY453Bfogw

Also, you could drag and drop paint schemes flats from Windows Explorer into 3DS, but it may or may not render correctly.

Also, you can press Ctrl+V to duplicate cars in scenes.

Leave a comment:

• Jim 18
    replied
    nothing? i found out how to add cars, but i can't figure out how to have different paint schemes on each. that's really all i need at this point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X